February It Is

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went OK. Apart from the IBU Real Ale Fest last weekend, I was good. Had a couple beers last night tho, so I was a few hours short of the month. I don't think my liver minds too much.

OK - I'd better report back.
I finished Feb off without a beer. No problem, bar the 'situation' problem. Back in earlier posts I said about BBQ, pool, heat etc just a real recipe for a beer. But I made it with no cravings. That wasnt what FEBFAST was about anyway. If you really want to know, go back to the start and follow my links.

My target was $200.
Didnt make it, but I tried and feel I did my bit.
I cant mention everyone on here that did sponsor me, we dont have all night ala the Oscars.
Oh F it - Yes I will:

In best Oscar winning acceptance speech voice:
"I'd like to thank Rukh,"
Yep, that's it. :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks Rukh.

Without Rukh I would not have made it to $65 (including my entry fee!)

But I did sleep extremely well, lost a couple of kgs and kept on brewing with no debit to the stocks (bar a couple my bro helped himself to, when visiting. No great damage though) and put an extra month on my lagers.
Will probably do it again next year. Had a few Sunday p.m. Nice to have a few, but wasnt like we were long lost lovers reuinted :p

Got through the month just fine but finished a day early as I was away with a group of friends. Very happy to have done it, and also very happy for my first beer after the month. :D

I'm actually having an AFD today as well and it seems to be a lot easier to keep up a few of them a week compared to a whole month. I've also lost a few kilos, probably partially through not drinking. It's the third dry Feb for me, but not the last. B)

Went really well until we had a bit of a Burgular issue last Thursday so by the time Friday was here I needed a beer or three and then had a few more on Sat. Happy with my effort and achieved my target weight. Feel a bit better when I am running as well. Back to AFD's on Sun to Thurs with a few beers on Fri / Sat.

Well done to all.

Shawn

I went all day saturday the 28th without a beer. Do gastro infections count? I lost 1.5 kilos! :lol:

I failed miserably have cut down quite alot and I have lost 2 kilos!

AFM's as so so LAST YEAR!

I went OK. Apart from the IBU Real Ale Fest last weekend, I was good. Had a couple beers last night tho, so I was a few hours short of the month. I don't think my liver minds too much.

Still off the smokes mate?

Heck no!

I'm off on a road trip next week down south... There is the Tanglehead, Brews and Ales in Denmark, Parrah jacks, Moody Cow and maybe a few of the old faves Colonial, Cowaramup and Bootleg

Oh, and I might have to visit the Sail and Anchor for their Febrewary beer festivities

F*ck you liver! :chug:

No chance, daughter's birthday shortly so have a few kegs lined up, engagement party later in the month which I've brewed some kegs for and looking forward to sampling some more of L-Bomb's brews!

edit - spelz

I've done this for the last two years.. Start on the 4th, finish on the 4th of March ;)

Im in, but due the ever increasing waistline. im off all booze for 6 weeks, but will brew every weekend to get some stocks up.

Regards Tony

Heck no!

I'm off on a road trip next week down south... There is the Tanglehead, Brews and Ales in Denmark, Jarrah jacks, Moody Cow and maybe a few of the old faves Colonial, Cowaramup and Bootleg

Oh, and I might have to visit the Sail and Anchor for their Febrewary beer festivities

F*ck you liver! :chug:

Fixed ;)

Sonofabitch regarding Jarrah Jacks!!!

I thought the Tanglehead was still operating inside the White Star hotel... It was in September when I was there last...???

I've done this for the last two years.. Start on the 4th, finish on the 4th of March ;)
The 4th is usually a mandatory day off the grog for me too, well, depends what time I actually finish up the night before.
Have a top day Thursday Schooey mate! :D
Nige

Haha...you too, Nige! Wish I could by you one at the Wheaty for the occasion...

Heh! Tell Jade I said she owes me one and you can have it... ;)

Conrats to all of you who have a month off the grog!

In 2008 i had a week off! I was in a Edinburgh hospital with a stomech bug, nothing to do with the grog! But felt amazing after the 7 days off!
now i have a few beers most nights of the week! funny thing is im 29 now and not a drip of grog past my lips till i was 19 started drinking good beers most nights of the week after moving in to a share house with a bunch of lads when i was 23.
So....did any of you guys whoi drink most days of the week feel shit after not drinking for the first week or so? then felt really good at the end of the month!?
I might use this as motivation to take the time to have 2 or 3 AFD's a week!
Cant live like a rockstar forever.................

p.s..........Downing a good wheat beer right now! ;)

Back