Father Christmas Or Santa, Presents At The End Of The Bed Or By The Tr

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa or Father Christmas

• Santa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Father Christmas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

_HOME_BREW_WALLACE_

Professional Drunken Yahoo!
Reaction score
Hi Brewers! With the big fella coming soon, just want to know how many different traditions there are out there.

When i was growing up (in SA), I called him father christmas, I only asked for 1 present and that was delivered to the end of my bed christmas night. My parents gave me all the others inder the tree. I wrote a letter thanking him for the presents and stating that i tried my best to be on my best behavoiur, left him a carrot for the reindeer, and gave father christmas a glass of cordial and a biscuit. In the morning the reindeer had eaten most of the carrot, father christmas had eaten most of the biscuit, drank most of the cordial and left a nice little letter thanking me and my brothers for the biscuit, carrot and the cordial.

When i moved to QLD 12 years ago, i met a wonderful girl, we had children and now the tradition has changed for me, "SANTA" leaves all the presents under the tree (all through december, every couple of nights theres a couple of new presents under the tree), none from mum and dad. He gets a glass of beer and a fruit mince pie, but still a carrot for the reindeer. But no letter thanking him for the presents - This will change this year.

So what do you do for santa/father christmas aon xmas eve night?

Santa. Under the tree but Santa only leaves presents on the night before christmas the girls also get presents from mum and dad. Presents for and from family and friends go under the tree during december.

The girls, 2.5 and 4.5 also know that its best to leave out a stout or dark ale because they're ok to drink a bit warmer. :D

Merry christmas

Father Christmas will be bringing my niece and nephew presents at my house again this year. He'll be getting the first longneck of my most recent AIPA (sorry to the kids in the rest of the street if FC is a little under the weather) and an elf or something might enjoy the Tim Tams that probably won't go with the AIPA so well. The reindeer will be sharing a carrot. He'll be putting the presents for the kids under the tree - uh, the tree which I'd better hurry up and put up now, I guess.

I don't have kids so i haven't voted, so i contribute this christmas story instead.

When i was a little kid i grew up on a massive farm. Anyway, one year we were going on holidays at the beach so we were staying in an apartment. I was so worried that santa wouldn't be able to find the apartment, but when i awoke there was 'reindeer' shit all over the balcony, and santa had come!

Mum and dad had gone down to the woolshed and grabbed a few handfuls of sheep shit, and carted it a thousand ks to the apartment!

I grew up with presents from Santa under the tree, actually, they tended to grow to the point myself, my brother and my sister all had santa sacks as opposed to stockings......

Santa had a biscuit and a brandy (in hindsight, mum liked brandy)..........

These days, our daughter receives a combination of presents from mum and dad that appear under the tree in the week leading up to Christmas, plus a few from Santa that appear under the tree after she has gone to bed on Christmas Eve. She also has a Santa stocking that gets loaded with little odd and ends.

Santa will this year be receiving a bottle of Murray's Anniversary Ale Number 4, some chocolates and the reindeer are on apples this year as daddy forgot to get carrots at the shop and used the last of them the other night for dinner.......

My son Hunter is 2-3/4 years old, hes very excited with all the decorations and the tree etc, but hasnt connected the pressy's under the tree to being toys yet, i guess that will change next year...

All the rellies and others prezzies are under the tree as they come in, but Santas new red tricycle will be on the driveway when he wakes up...

There was no spot in the poll for whisky....santa always had whisky and shortbread when he stopped at our place

Beer or cordial for Santa? OK so I ticked beer as there is no way I, sorry, Santa is having a cordial. As a child I used to leave out milk and a biscuit.

Drew

Keep 'em coming! I think its fascinating now to hear all the different xmas traditions. Just hope hes paid off the RBT's flying around... :lol:

ekul: loved the story mate! a wild imagination your folks must have!

Keep 'em coming! I think its fascinating now to hear all the different xmas traditions. Just hope hes paid off the RBT's flying around... :lol:

ekul: loved the story mate! a wild imagination your folks must have!
Ekul's story was good. I reckon that is what Christmas is about - going the extra mile for your kids/family. Another story that's not so nice (but I hope you get a giggle from it):

When I was a kid, my mad uncle had gone out shooting and bagged a deer before Christmas (we didn't know that though). So Christmas eve he goes outside, throws rocks on the roof and comes in yelling, "that bloody Santa has parked on the roof - his reindeer will wreck the roof". He then ran outside, let off both barrels of his shotgun and comes back in (with the deer carcase over his shoulder) and says, "I've fixed the roof wrecker! Check this out kids, I shot Rudolf". Apparently all us young kids were mortified.
I don't remember the event so it must not have scarred me. I just remember the retelling of the story over the years.

Ekul's story was good. I reckon that is what Christmas is about - going the extra mile for your kids/family. Another story that's not so nice (but I hope you get a giggle from it):

When I was a kid, my mad uncle had gone out shooting and bagged a deer before Christmas (we didn't know that though). So Christmas eve he goes outside, throws rocks on the roof and comes in yelling, "that bloody Santa has parked on the roof - his reindeer will wreck the roof". He then ran outside, let off both barrels of his shotgun and comes back in (with the deer carcase over his shoulder) and says, "I've fixed the roof wrecker! Check this out kids, I shot Rudolf". Apparently all us young kids were mortified.
I don't remember the event so it must not have scarred me. I just remember the retelling of the story over the years.

Sorry man, thats just sick! To do that in front of a few kids. Mightve well just said theres no santa. :(

When I was akid it was always presents at the end of the bed.
These days though we put some presents under the tree and then fill the kids Santa sacks and place them on the couch. Stockings are pegged on the front of the fire guard.

There is a beer left out for Santa and some biscuits while Rudolf gets the carrot.

Merry Christmas to all!! :party:

It was always presents in the santa sacks for us when I was a kid, with beer for santa and a carrot for the reindeer. Any presents not from santa went under the tree as they arrived, but those from santa appeared on Christmas day.

It's the second Christmas for our two girls (16 month old twins) and my wife decided to put together their tricycles a few days ago and sit them under the tree, so the room with the tree in it has been out of bounds for a couple of days. Not sure what she was thinking - I made her hide them this evening so the girls could at least have a look at the tree on Christmas eve. Looks like I have a bit of training to do before next Christmas rolls around.

Oh, and santa is pouring his own beers this year... :chug:

Well this is my first Christmas for Santa to come out of hiding.

Although my son is only 3 months old so next year will be a bit bigger. But Santa has already been very kind and I think may have got into the ales already hehe

But all the pressies will come out on Christmas day!

Oh how Christmas changes when u have a little one!

Happy Days

Ahhh, we've all got a mad uncle! What a cracker of a story!

I just went outside and chewed up a carrot and spat it on the driveway next to the bucket of water for Rudolf (he's not dead). There are some reindeer tracks in the garden.
The little one's bike is together under the tree with all the other presents. Santa drinks too much beer already at our joint, so he has to have water and two ginger bread bickies. I'm half cut and can't wait to christen my massive new pot, SS element and HLT the day after boxing day.
Have a great one, guys.

When I was a kid, way back, Santa would leave our pressies at the end of the bed and in a pillow case hung on the fireplace mantle. There was a big green (real) pine Christmas Tree next to the fireplace that reached up to the ceiling. Over the years the fireplace disappeared behind a wall and the Christmas Tree dwindled to a silvery fake thing about two foot high. When my father died last year the old home was sold to a lovely young couple, she had come from America. The house as not demolished as we thought it would and last week she kindly invited me and my sisters over to see the renovations they had done to the old house. They had done wonders to the house that dad built by himself back in 1946. The best bit was that they had resurrected the old fireplace and the girl had beautiful hand stitched stockings hung on the mantle. Beside the fireplace was a big (real) green pine tree that stretched up to the roof. That was wonderful.

The best gift we can give to ourselves is our memories.

Have a good one.

Cheers, Hoges.

When I was a kid, way back, Santa would leave our pressies at the end of the bed and in a pillow case hung on the fireplace mantle. There was a big green (real) pine Christmas Tree next to the fireplace that reached up to the ceiling. Over the years the fireplace disappeared behind a wall and the Christmas Tree dwindled to a silvery fake thing about two foot high. When my father died last year the old home was sold to a lovely young couple, she had come from America. The house as not demolished as we thought it would and last week she kindly invited me and my sisters over to see the renovations they had done to the old house. They had done wonders to the house that dad built by himself back in 1946. The best bit was that they had resurrected the old fireplace and the girl had beautiful hand stitched stockings hung on the mantle. Beside the fireplace was a big (real) green pine tree that stretched up to the roof. That was wonderful.

The best gift we can give to ourselves is our memories.

Have a good one.

Cheers, Hoges.

Nice story hoges, the kind we like to hear about at christmas. What a wonderful gesture it was to have the new owners let you look through the house. What i would give to walk through the house i grew up in....

Back