F@#k You Benjamin Franklin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan 117

Reaction score
I hate daylight savings, set my phone last night before leaving work to coinside with daylight savings. Needless to say so did my phone, so rather than losing 1 hour of sleep I lost 2, I need a beer but cant have any until I leave work later on this afternoon.

:angry:

Aaron

lol, yeah true that. too bad I'm still on my P's....

Aaron

Surely one would be fine after a few hours of going back to work? If that doesnt sober a man up, i dont know what will :lol:

Surely one would be fine after a few hours of going back to work? If that doesnt sober a man up, i dont know what will :lol:

this is true, however the only flaw is I doubt I'd stop at one given my current pissed offness. Also alcohol an bowling machines don't mix to well, shame really.

Aaron

Its Daylight savings already :blink: :huh:

Tom

I agree- Daylight Savings Time is just wrong!
I don't participate in the whole scene.

Of course, I live right on the line between two zones.
Half of the year I'm on Eastern time and the other half Central time.
I never adjust watches, clocks or anything.

I was going to brew this morning until my wife reminded me it was 7am instead of 6am! Had a deadline of 11am. No worries, bounced outta bed got the water turned on....had to turn it off as there was no way id be done in time. Bugger!
Cheers
Steve

Daylight saving, according to a program on Radio National recently, was introduced in Australia as an energy saving measure during times of austerity because there would be less usage of electric lighting, especially in factories and commercial premises, universities etc. However nowadays daylight saving has been calculated as energy neutral due to the widespread use of air conditioning and the far longer opening hours of businesses and shopping malls (who run air con and lighting despite what is happening outside). It is suggested that daylight saving will soon be energy negative as more and more households consider air con to be a standard not a luxury.

When I arrived in QLD in the late 70s only ONE family that we knew had air conditioning, and he was a rich factory owner. I still remember the astounded look on Reviled's face at the Bris case swap when he looked up from his pint and realised it was getting dark at 5pm :lol:

Damn straight, I had to wake up at 1:30am for a 4am start......

Plus now the curtains will fade faster.....

What's someone think of the cows?!

I like daylight savings.

lol, yeah true that. too bad I'm still on my P's....

Aaron

I too feel your pain. Working the night shift every day this weekend means no drinks. I am the most paranoid person when it comes to drinking before driving. Even if it is the next day, I still freak out. I wish it was still 0.02. Then a beer with lunch and a drive at 6 would be fine... But if 0.00 saves one life, then I think I can manage without a beer.

[quote name='O'Henry' post='530922' date='Oct 4 2009, 02:15 PM']But if 0.00 saves one life, then I think I can manage without a beer.[/quote]

I wish more people thought like this. Good on ya!

[quote name='O'Henry' post='530922' date='Oct 4 2009, 02:15 PM']But if 0.00 saves one life, then I think I can manage without a beer.[/quote]

Not driving at all would be more likely to save a life. Its all a matter of what we deem 'acceptable' risk.

Wierd thing is that Im on 0.00 in a car, but can happily chuff along at 0.049 on a motorbike. Crazy.

I'm so very glad I live in QLD now and don't have to put up with the daylight savings nonsense. God it annoys me that Channel Nein for some reason want to push it on to people and run biased polls and all that crap.

I love day light savings. I just cant believe you would change your phone - I just let it do its thing. saves me the hassle. And so what if it didnt change - every one is late on the first day of DST

I had to change my clocks the day before as the time my alarm goes off (2:30am) didn't exist on Sunday......

I'm so very glad I live in QLD now and don't have to put up with the daylight savings nonsense. God it annoys me that Channel Nein for some reason want to push it on to people and run biased polls and all that crap.

The Queenslanders do have it easier without daylight savings.

But spare a thought for people & tourists in Coolangatta/Tweed Heads Area. I was up there this time of year a couple of years ago and it got bloody confusing. The NSW side (Tweed Heads) had shops closing at one time and the QLD side (Coolangatta) at another. Darn confused I was! :blink:

In one main street, everything on one side of the street used daylight savings and the otherside didn't! What are you sposed to do, set your watch when you cross the street?!!!

Hopper.

Back