Extra beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trenta

Reaction score
Hi
This might sound stupid but say I make 23 litres and leg 19 litres what should I do with the remaining 4 litres? Is bottling my only option?

Look into minikegs, e.g., 5L. Some growlers take pressure; you'd need to prime those.

There is a great resource for a bit of overflow nearby, use a couple of 2L soft drink bottles. They are already built for pressure, use the carb caps, the thread is the same, keep them out of the light and they double up as party bottles. If you only use a bit, re-gas them and back to fridge for next time.
IMG_20220529_210521.jpgIMG_20220529_210559.jpg
Beeravescence!!!

There is a great resource for a bit of overflow nearby, use a couple of 2L soft drink bottles. They are already built for pressure, use the carb caps, the thread is the same, keep them out of the light and they double up as party bottles. If you only use a bit, re-gas them and back to fridge for next time.
View attachment 122143View attachment 122144
Do I need to add carbonation drops?

Oh, yeah, forgot to say, I do pressure fermenting, so already carbed up, but you could dump it in and apply CO2 for a day or so, or just shake the shit out of it whilst applying CO2 for a quick gas up.

View attachment 122143View attachment 122144
If I filled it with a carbonation cap on and swapped it over with a traditional cap would this stuff things up??

Oh, yeah, forgot to say, I do pressure fermenting, so already carbed up, but you could dump it in and apply CO2 for a day or so, or just shake the shit out of it whilst applying CO2 for a quick gas up.
How do you carbonate whilst pressure fermenting? I have the equipment and want to try it

It's a natural process, controlled by the spunding valve. You set your desired pressure on the spunding valve, and the beer ferments and carbonates. Works fabulously! There's plenty of help on the internet, and many, many videos on YouTube to help you.

It's a natural process, controlled by the spunding valve. You set your desired pressure on the spunding valve, and the beer ferments and carbonates. Works fabulously! There's plenty of help on the internet, and many, many videos on YouTube to help you.
In a nutshell what do you set it to and when? I've heard various accounts

There are a couple of ways of doing it. One is to have the spunding valve closed, and let the pressure build up naturally. When the pressure reaches the desired level, eg 15psi, the spunding valve is opened to maintain that pressure. I have done this, and another way is to pressurise the fermenter to the desired level with CO2, and then attach and set the spunding valve. Yet another way, is to pressurise a soft drink bottle with a carbonation cap attached, then set the spunding valve from there. I'm sure others will come in with their suggestions.

I just fill a few PET beer bottle and throw them in the kegerator. I pressure ferment at a particular higher pressure so when I cold crash it's carbinated and ready to drink straight away, therefore I fill the PET bottles and just drink them whenever.

I just fill a few PET beer bottle and throw them in the kegerator. I pressure ferment at a particular higher pressure so when I cold crash it's carbinated and ready to drink straight away, therefore I fill the PET bottles and just drink them whenever.
Excuse my ignorance but how do you do that exactly?

Latest posts

Back