10 litres fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adl.beer

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here,

I have a 10 litres fermenter (old Coopers kit).
I have the Coopers kit for Pale Ale, the tin, the brewer enhancer 2 and the carbonation drops.

According to the Coopers Diy site you use the whole tin of the extract for a 23 lts batch. Should I use half of it for such a small fermenter? What about the yeast?

Scratching my head around it.🤔

Just scale everything down. If it's dry yeast, a single pack will be fine even for 10 litres. I generally use liquid yeast, but for my regular batch size of 25 litres I use 2 packs on the odd occasion I use dry yeast.

do everything x 10/23

But if it was me, I'd use just the tin and try a strong, more bitter batch.
Seems a bit weird having half a tin lying around unless you're going to do the 2nd half-batch straight away the first one's done

The 10 litre fermenter would be ideal for the Coopers (Mr Beer) Craft tins that are 8.5 litres in 1 tin

https://www.diybeer.com/au/brewing-extracts/craft-series.html
Free shipping with 4 tins of the craft series

I tend to do the 23L batches at 20L anyway, so splitting everything in half and putting on a 10L batch would be normal. I'd pitch all the yeast on the first batch. Keep the rest of the ingredients well sealed. Once you bottle off the first batch, leave the yeast cake at the bottom in the fermenter and add the remaining ingredients and brew the second 10L

Latest posts

Back