• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Expressions of Interest- KK SS Pump Cover

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooterism

Reaction score
Hi All,

Do you want to protect your investment?

Do you want to add a little style and give your brewery a professional look?

Then you need a Stainless Steel Pump Cover for your Keg-King Pump!

Made from quality 304 Stainless Steel with a silky smooth brushed finish which makes cleaning a breeze.

It connects to the pump via the existing fasteners.

I'm looking into making a few of these KK SS Pump Covers to help raise funds for a new chest freezer.

I'm ball-parking $20 plus postage to your home.

Who's interested?

Cheers

Pump%20cover_zpsnyfjctl3.jpg

Mardoo said:
I'd buy one for my Chugger/March, assuming a higher price. Any interest in doing two sizes?
That could be done quite easily but I do not have that type of pump on hand so I cannot check dimensions.

I'd also be interested in a couple for a chugger pumps. A quick google image search brings up some dimensions

Mardoo said:
I'd buy one for my Chugger/March, assuming a higher price. Any interest in doing two sizes?
+1 from me.

If you can borrow a March off a local, you'll find that it blows a lot of air, so be careful not to cause it to overheat.

considering the 'authentic' keg king ones are $35-$40, you might make more 'margin' and more prospective buyers replicating one for a chugger/march pump

Can the heads be indexed 90 deg on these pumps?

Is it common to do so?

And on a different note, I will try and do what I can this week to get things started as there is interest, but will be offline next week as I'm moving house.

Also my LHBS should have a March/Chugger instock so I can double check..

And don't go me with mothers-in-law, been living with mine for the last 3 years and I cracked and told the wife we need to move..

takai said:
No, the pumps can only be indexed in 60° increments.

Would not the 4 screws on the front of the head set at right angles suggest that the head can only index 90? (Not wanting to come across as a smart arse, just looking at the drawing as linked above)

scooterism said:
Would not the 4 screws on the front of the head set at right angles suggest that the head can only index 90? (Not wanting to come across as a smart arse, just looking at the drawing as linked above)
I assume takai was referring to the keg king ones as they use 6 screws

the march/chuggers can be rotated 90 degrees as they use the 4 screws

From their FAQ
"You can rotate the pump head 90 Degrees. With the outlet pointing to 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00."

scooterism said:
You are correct.

Pretty sure takai has the KK pumps, and they are 6-screw heads, so he is most likely talking about the KK ones when referring to the 60 degree increments.

Yep, understood and agreed on the KK pumps.

But what about the March/Chuggers?

Back