Eumundi Lager Back Again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will it be as goddam boring as it used to be do you think?

Will it be as goddam boring as it used to be do you think?

The guy says it going to be a German types beers, he has a German brewer apparently. Still I guess it will be brewed for the average swiller, will will just have to wait and see mate.

batz

German style. Well that's brilliant... it's been so long since Queensland had its own Berliner Weisse. At last!

;)

Back in your box, Shed.
The original Eumundi wasn't a bad drop compared to the likes of XXXX at the time, but I expect they used the usual sugaz adjuncts etc. So an all grain version could be ok, depending on the skills and equipment of the brewer.

Dropped into Eumundi Winery/Brewery and met Gerry. Suppose the beers are sortakinda German as they're brewed by Rudi Herget ;)

Place is a bit run down, but I encourage everyone to drop in and see if we can stir the place up a bit. Nice to have more craft beers available on the Sunny Coast.

Screwy

Screwtop said:
Suppose the beers are sortakinda German as they're brewed by Rudi Herget ;)
I guessed that's who it might have been when Batz mentioned a German brewer :) . He brews for the International Hotel in Spring Hill, so if you've been there, that might give you an idea on the beer.

Rudi brews a mean drop. His American Malt Liquo' on tap at the International is a killer - as I recounted to Screwy last week when he was down this way, at an AHB meetup last year I thought the Geronimo was an APA and had a couple of pints whilst waiting for the lads. Seemed a bit sweetish - guys arrived and I said "try this" so after a couple more pints I thought I might be coming down with something as I was getting headspins and flushed and unsteady. On the next round barman said "do you guys realise it's 8% ABV?"

:drinks:

tallie said:
I guessed that's who it might have been when Batz mentioned a German brewer :) . He brews for the International Hotel in Spring Hill, so if you've been there, that might give you an idea on the beer.
First taste had Rudi written all over it. He has the Light, Pils, Wheat, and Bock on tap.

Bribie G said:
Rudi brews a mean drop. His American Malt Liquo' on tap at the International is a killer - as I recounted to Screwy last week when he was down this way
:drinks:
Neck oil Bribie :D

Back