Esb 3kg Vs Tcb Wetpack Vs X-tract 3kg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ESB kit nice but lack a little much better than a coppers
Wet packs love the APA, large was nice to but doing these ones lead me down that dark road off AG
Also try ESB fresh wort kit real nice and easy

sintax

sintax69 said:
Also try ESB fresh wort kit real nice and easy

I have an irish red in secondary now, the taste in the gravity sample(s) was great! I can't wait :)

Did it with a liquid yeast. Bought both from the grain and grape shop in Melboure. As they sell older liquid yeasts (6+ months) at half price, it wasn't a bad deal, especially as the guy took off the price of the SAF yeast that's usually included with the fresh wort, so I ended up with a liquid yeast for an additional $3 - and the yeast worked just fine, looks like they always keep them refrigerated.

I have an extract planned next, but after that I'm keen to give a go to the Amber fresh wort :)

From re-reading this thread it seems to me that at around the $25-$30 mark the ESB fresh worts seem to be the way to go.

I'm still thinking of trying the 3kg packs as well but I'm really excited about the fresh worts.

tony

I get my ESB 3KG kits for $21.50 which includes a SAF yeast of your choice.

They list as $24.50 retail on the ESB site and they're running a special with 4 for $98 including a liquid yeast.

Think the fresh worts are $30.

tony

seen the 3Kgs kits in Melbourne for $22 and $24. Bought the fresh wort for $33, nice saving over shipping costs.
Fresh wort is $30 on the ESB site, but keep in mind postage costs ($10 + anywhere from $.030 to $2.65 per Kg, depending on where you order from).

Grumpy's had some fresh wort too, but not at the moment, will be back when they do some more, I think it was around $35.

I drank my first full stubby from an ESB Nut Brown kit brew today. It took 3 weeks for it to carbonate to the point where it's drinkable. Very happy with it now though. I used an additional 1kg LME and 20g+20g Cascades. I will leave it in the cupboard for another week, then squeeze 24 into the fridge.

Had a Coopers sparkling just after it, and it tasted pretty ordinary.

I mainly do Nut Browns and Traditional Bitters in the ESB range ...have just recently tried the Australian Draft, with great results and many positive comments from all. Very smooth! :chug:

Back