Eoi/sale - Heather Tips/flowers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all bagged and tagged. smaller order are in ziplock bags and larger orders are resealed the mylar? bags that the heather came in (as per pics below)

very interesting smell, its a combination of being plesent and not plesent. kind of like a hard lavender or how hops can smell atringent but still have nice floral notes. hard to describe. funny the description on the bag says "astringent, mild seditive". so just like hops!
2012_03_26_20.47.56.jpg2012_03_26_21.23.49.jpg

ive measured up the bags and after all of the mucking round its cheaper just to use auspost prepaid satchels (no wonder CB etc just use the satchels).

so revised spreadsheet is attached
View attachment heather_order_spreadhseet.xls

Ill send a PM out shortly with details.
when you make a $ transfer please use your AHB nickname.
make sure you PM me your mailing address.

for those in melbourne, you can either pickup from my place in ringwood or I can bring to work and you can pickup from my workplace which is the top end of the city.

sunndach grdaireachd (merry brewing in gaelic)

all bagged and tagged. smaller order are in ziplock bags and larger orders are resealed the mylar? bags that the heather came in (as per pics below)

very interesting smell, its a combination of being plesent and not plesent. kind of like a hard lavender or how hops can smell atringent but still have nice floral notes. hard to describe. funny the description on the bag says "astringent, mild seditive". so just like hops!
View attachment 53348View attachment 53349

ive measured up the bags and after all of the mucking round its cheaper just to use auspost prepaid satchels (no wonder CB etc just use the satchels).

so revised spreadsheet is attached
View attachment 53350

Ill send a PM out shortly with details.
when you make a $ transfer please use your AHB nickname.
make sure you PM me your mailing address.

for those in melbourne, you can either pickup from my place in ringwood or I can bring to work and you can pickup from my workplace which is the top end of the city.

sunndach grdaireachd (merry brewing in gaelic)

Thanks for that cm2. Will transfer ASAP and pm my address.

Cheers

Grant

Paid. Cheers, CM2!

missus is sick so I coudlnt ask her to post off the heather which means bringing them into work to post. limited space in my workbag so I've posted this morning: grantw and logman

chalky - ive bought your into work so you can pickup on Friday. COD is fine
yob - ill catch you at grain BB

tomorrow I'll post the heather to those that have paid (Bum, Albanian, mahony)

Golani51, Itmechanic & evildrakey - still to pay. Ill post once payment received (noting that Golani your picking yours up)

EDIT - LOGMAN SEND ME your mailing address. I cant mail until you tell me where its going
edit:2 - thx logman. received and sent

They smell like curry in the boil - Glad the final taste is far more pleasent.

Cheers Ross

Bum's and Mahony's express posted this morning.

Itmechanic & evildrakey - still to pay and advise of mailing address. Ive PM'd you guys.

DONE
evildrakey paid. In will post on weekend
chalky paid and picked up.

OUTSTANDING
Albainian - paid, but PM me your mailing address and Ill send on the weekend
Golani51 still to pickup and pay COD

Itmechanic still to pay and advise me of mailing address via PM

Thanks again for organizing this CM2.
The goods smell interesting.
DONE
evildrakey paid. In will post on weekend
chalky paid and picked up.

OUTSTANDING
Albainian - paid, but PM me your mailing address and Ill send on the weekend
Golani51 still to pickup and pay COD

Itmechanic still to pay and advise me of mailing address via PM

Arrived safe and sound just now. Interesting aroma. Looking forward to trying them out.

Pretty sure I didn't actually pay for express postage - you didn't have to do that. I'll sling you a bottle of something at the grain BB for that.

Cheers.

Arrived safe and sound just now. Interesting aroma. Looking forward to trying them out.

Pretty sure I didn't actually pay for express postage - you didn't have to do that. I'll sling you a bottle of something at the grain BB for that.

Cheers.
no worries. you deserve a break ;)

the aroma is growing on me. and see what i mean but pleasant and not pleasant at the same time? cand wait to get it into a few beers.

and see what i mean but pleasant and not pleasant at the same time?
Yeah, floral vs a little damp or musty smelling to me - but not actually damp or musty or as awful as those words sound. Keen to see how they go.

Mine has just arrived too. Thanks again Cm2, looking forward to brewing something with it next week.

Anyone have any recipe ideas they would like to share?

Mine has just arrived too. Thanks again Cm2, looking forward to brewing something with it next week.

Anyone have any recipe ideas they would like to share?
here or brew up any scotish ale and use it as a late 'hop' addition.

im personally thinking of doing a traditional froach (heatehr ale) an a scottish 80 with heather as a late addition. then 'dry hop' it if not enough flavour

here or brew up any scotish ale and use it as a late 'hop' addition.

im personally thinking of doing a traditional froach (heatehr ale) an a scottish 80 with heather as a late addition. then 'dry hop' it if not enough flavour

Sounds straightforward enough. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Latest posts

Back