EOI - Sydney Cryer Malt Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lael said:
roastin - I think you can take 1/4 bag med crystal on FB's split. Honestly - I'm happy with 1/8th mrsupraboy if you want half of mine (1/8th would be 3kgs appx) more than enough for me - most of the recipes I use it in are like 300gr for a double batch. Also happy to do same with Dark Crystal if anyone wants some / more.
Sounds good lael. I don't need a crapload either so 1/4 is more than enough.

mrsupraboy said:
Then I'll jump if for the medium crystal if u guys are up for it.

I want to try the can you brew it recipes and it calls for American 2row. Is marris otter American 2 row or Australian
Neither.. Its English.

Thomas Fawcett, Bairds & Simpsons are UK Maltsters, Dingemans is Belgian, Best Malt & Weyermann are German, Briess is American, Barret Burston & Joe White are Australian.

I wont go in to what i like and dont like, but Briess is unfortunately through a different distributor. However, you can order it through the other Sydney Bulk Buy you were a part of when that goes up again.
I would recommend anyone try the Thomas Fawcett stuff if they were inclined to get everything in bulk for it, or just check out Briess through the LHBS and pick up a sack next BB for the other brands.

Anyhow, we're over half way! Home Stretch!

Ok well ill come here when I'm ready for the English stuff but I'll still get the crystal

1. PeteQ - 2 bags, Weyermann Premo Pilsner and TF Pearl

2. Pratty1 - 2 bags, Thomas Fawcett - Golden Promise Ale

3.zooesk - 2 bags, Weyermann - Pilsner and Weyermann Munich T1

4.Fat ******* -5 bags minimum, 2 x TF Pearl 1 x TF Med Crystal (Self, Matt Browne, Lael), 1 x TF Dark Crystal (Self, Lael, Matt Browne) 1 x Carapils (Self, roastin') 6 bags total if I can find someone who wants to split a bag of Carared

5.mb-squared - 2 bags: 1 bag TFMO; 1 bag TF Brown (.5 me, .5 lael)

6. Dunkelbrau - 5 bags , TF brown, Maris otter, Oat, mild, weyermann oak wheat - keen on half bags, depending on what it is, weyermann or TF spec malts mostly

7.Roastin 2 bags - 1 -TFMO, 1- weyerman pale wheat and split carapils with fat ******* and split 1/2 1/3 or 1/4 med crystal

8. SnakeDoctor : 2 bags : 1 - TFMO, 1- Weyermann Pilsner

9. Yeastfridge - 2 bags: 1x Weyermann pilsner 1x Weyermann Oak smoked wheat (happy to go halves with someone, if no takers happy to take it all)

4.Fat ******* -5 bags minimum, 2 x TF Pearl 1 x TF Med Crystal (Self, Matt Browne, Lael), 1 x TF Dark Crystal (Self, Lael, Matt Browne) 1 x Carapils (Self, roastin') 6 bags total if I can find someone who wants to split a bag of Carared

6. Dunkelbrau - 5 bags , TF brown, Maris otter, Oat, mild, weyermann oak wheat - keen on half bags, depending on what it is, weyermann or TF spec malts mostly

7.Roastin 2 bags - 1 -TFMO, 1- weyerman pale wheat and split carapils with fat ******* and split 1/2 1/3 or 1/4 med crystal

8. SnakeDoctor : 3 bags : 1 - TFMO, 1- Weyermann Pilsner, 1- Weyermann Munich T1 (Light)

9. Yeastfridge - 2 bags: 1x Weyermann pilsner 1x Weyermann Oak smoked wheat (happy to go halves with someone, if no takers happy to take it all)

Sorry to fluff around but I'm going to have to cancel my bag of Wey pilsner - just came across a very cheap bag and am brewing a lot this week and so need it now! Will definitely have the oak smoked wheat to myself, sorry to anyone who was considering the other half!

So, I'm just one bag now, Wey oak smoked wheat...

All good mate, it's all good to change until the order gets placed!

Ask your non ahb mates if they need anything, I'm keen to get this ordered sooner rather than later.

I believe were over half way (if i can count).. I'm thinking anything over 35 bags and I'm happy to pick up the extra shipping cost if there isn't much more interest..

6. Dunkelbrau - 7 bags , TF brown, Maris otter, Oat, mild, weyermann oak wheat, Floor malted bohemian pils, floor malted bohemian wheat - keen on half bags, depending on what it is, weyermann or TF spec malts mostly

8. SnakeDoctor : 3 bags : 1 - TFMO, 1- Weyermann Pilsner, 1- Weyermann Munich T1 (Light)

9. Yeastfridge - 1 bag: 1x Weyermann Oak smoked wheat (No Longer happy to go halves with someone ;-) )

Updated List, couldnt help myself!

Thats 25 bags! 10 more and i will start sending out the prices to everyone.

Lael, happy to take some dark crystal off your hands, I believe we may have a build/brew day coming up in the near future.

MB

I may be tempted to get a couple more bags.. Need more numbers to make this happen.

As I said in happy to pay the extra shipping on 5 bags but that still leaves us 10 bags away (until I figure out what else I will use a lot of)

Will also add a bag - Bairds heavily peated malt. It was always going to be a matter of time and... It's time

lael said:
Fat ******* - put me down as a quarter for your crystals.
Mb-squared - I'll take half brown.
lael, would you be willing to swap out the brown for amber? hate to do this at this stage, but the more I think about this, I realize that I have several recipes that call for amber and only one that calls for brown. let me know your thoughts.

I will update the list later today, I think I'll get a couple more.. And I have a friend who wants some pils or ale malt too so should get us closer, if not there

I will take a second bag of TFMO. I'm presently listed as splitting a bag of brown with lael, but I'd like to swap that for a bag of TF Amber instead if I could.

8. SnakeDoctor : 4 bags : 1 - TFMO, 1- Weyermann Pilsner, 1- Weyermann Munich T1 (Light), 1 - Weyermann Vienna

Updated mine to 4 bags - didn't do a full update because of the changes above / not sure I understand them.

Yeastfridge said:

8. SnakeDoctor : 2 bags : 1 - TFMO, 1- Weyermann Pilsner

9Yeastfridge - 2 bags: 1x Weyermann pilsner 1x Weyermann Oak smoked wheat (happy to go halves with someone, if no takers happy to take it all)

10 Deckland - 5 bags 1 x weyermann prem pilsner 1 x 1 weyermann pale wheat 1 x tf marris otter 2 bairds pale ale

dunkelbrau I had a go at updating the list with the above, can everyone please have a quick look and make sure theres is ok?

5.mb-squared - 3 bags: 2 bags TFMO; 1 bag TF Amber (split with Lael?)

6. Dunkelbrau - 7 bags , TF brown, Maris otter, Oat, mild, weyermann oak wheat, Floor malted bohemian pils, floor malted bohemian wheat - keen on half bags, depending on what it is, weyermann or TF spec malts mostly

7.Roastin 3 bags - 1 -TFMO, 1- weyerman pale wheat, 1 weyermann premium pilsner and split carapils with fat ******* and split 1/2 1/3 or 1/4 med crystal,

8. SnakeDoctor : 4 bags : 1 - TFMO, 1- Weyermann Pilsner, 1- Weyermann Munich T1 (Light), 1 - Weyermann Vienna

9. Yeastfridge - 2 bags: 1x Weyermann Oak smoked wheat, 1x Bairds heavily peated malt

10. Deckland - 5 bags 1 x weyermann prem pilsner 1 x 1 weyermann pale wheat 1 x tf marris otter 2 bairds pale ale

that looks good for me, but I haven't heard back from lael yet if he's OK to switch the brown for amber. would anyone else like to split a bag of amber with me and/or the bag of brown with lael?

Sorry mb squared! Been meaning to look at my recipes. Truth is I won't use amber, and honestly... Happy to let the brown drop too. I'm in a similar situation. I don't use brown that often... But I do like it in a Porter.

Latest posts

Back