Element placement

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_h

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im in the process of putting in some elements in my 100L kettle.

20160417_145008.jpg

They are a little on the long side so cant go in at the same height (I dont want to bend them).

Would the best option to put them in like the image or ontop of each other. Thinking of having the lower one about 4cm off from the bottom to help whirlpool and cleaning.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Would it be better if they were opposite? Heated strait down through the middle? And one a little higher if need be?

Pity they can't be bent 45 degrees

Markbeer

Would it be better if they were opposite? Heated strait down through the middle? And one a little higher if need be?

That might be better, one on each side under the handles.

rude

Pity they can't be bent 45 degrees

I know, have seen some people bending theirs but I just dont want to risk it

If they are opposite they are more evenly heating than at 45 degrees.

Me I love my over the side immersion elements.

It wouldn't matter at all. By the time you're getting to 78°C there will be plenty of convection currents circulating everything and evening the temp out. Process-wise there is very little to worry about anyway.

Markbeer said:
If they are opposite they are more evenly heating than at 45 degrees.

Me I love my over the side immersion elements.
I also loved mine, one died hence why im putting elements in the kettle (I didnt clean them well enough.....), one drawback for me was that my pots are so wide so I had to make double batches as the over the side elements min level was quite high

Latest posts

Back