Electrickery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony M

Reaction score
I scrounged a 240V industrial roller door motor so decided to totally rebuild my grain mill and do the things I should have done over the past eight years and also incorporate this motor. The label has gone apart from "Made in Australia" so I cant tell much about it except the motor dimensions are 110mm Dia X 150mm long plus a gearbox that gives an output shaft speed of 180RPM. . It has three wires, one marked "C" which I presume is "Common" and connecting to common and one other determines the rotation. Sounds simple----- My problem is that as soon as the motor loads up, it reverses direction. That, as you can imagine, makes the mill bloody useless. Can anybody suggest what it's doing and if it is some sort of incorporated safety feature, how can I bypass it.

It would have a threshold load level that indicated that it has opened/closed the door completely or that it has hit something while closing....

As for bypassing it......No idea sorry man.

I use a domestic roller door motor to drive my mill, probably different but mine did the same. Its a worm drive gearbox and there was a smaller worm drive running off of the main worm which flicked a switch that reversed the motor.I just disconnected it,hope this helps.

Okay, I have now stripped this motor down completely and there is not a single mechanical contrivance in it. No switches, centrifugal or otherwise. Not even brushes, so can anybody tell me why this thing changes it's mind at the least suggestion of a load

Latest posts

Back