3 Roller Grain Mill & Motor Assy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NSW
1. Pratty (complete kit)

Vic
1 mxd (motor and gear box)
2. Jibba02 (complete kit)

QLD
1. Vooharmy (Complete kit)
2. adam77 (mill only)

NSW
1. Pratty (complete kit)
2. Marksy (complete kit)

Vic

QLD
2. adam77 (mill only)[/quote]

NSW
1. Pratty (complete kit)
2. Marksy (complete kit)
3. Topher (complete kit)
Vic
QLD
2. adam77 (mill only)

NSW
1. Pratty (complete kit)
2. Marksy (complete kit)
3. Topher (complete kit)
Vic
1. Jibba02 (complete kit)
QLD
2. adam77 (mill only)

smokomark said:
Maybe i could learn to spell in the 40 - 50 minutes it takes to mill my normal 20kg grain bill for a quad batch.

I was at a mates place a week or 2 ago and saw 5kg thru a KK 3 roller mill in less than a couple of minutes with a far superior crush than my normal. Way less flour, and no uncrushed grains.

It looked a lot better, so in my mind thats an upgrade,
Correct me if i'm wrong.

BTW my mashmaster mini mill is 18 months old, has maybe had 100kg thru it, and performs exactly as it did on the first day I owned it.
It looks awesome build quality but is sadly lacking in the performance department.
Sounds to me like there is something wrong with your drive setup and/or possibly your gap.

I can run 10 kg though my MonsterMill MM3-2.0-SS in ~5 minutes (probably less never really thought to time it - its certainly not slow though)
I would've expected a MashMaster to do similar time with similar if not better result.

Are you using a direct drive or a pulley setup? if pulley whats your motor speed and pulley ratios/final drive speed?
If direct drive whats the motor speed?
Whats your gap at and is it consistant across the mill?

Komodo said:
Sounds to me like there is something wrong with your drive setup and/or possibly your gap.

I can run 10 kg though my MonsterMill MM3-2.0-SS in ~5 minutes (probably less never really thought to time it - its certainly not slow though)
I would've expected a MashMaster to do similar time with similar if not better result.

Are you using a direct drive or a pulley setup? if pulley whats your motor speed and pulley ratios/final drive speed?
If direct drive whats the motor speed?
Whats your gap at and is it consistant across the mill?
Not long after this thread started there was a knurling issue discovered with some mini mills. I'm hoping this was the cause of Smokomark's mill as the makers were quick to rectify any problem rollers.

I would be keen for complete set up but probably won't get 10 in South Aussie.

NSW
1. Pratty (complete kit)
2. Marksy (complete kit)
3. Topher (complete kit)
4. Clints Gadgets (complete kit)
Vic
1. Jibba02 (complete kit)
QLD
2. adam77 (mill only)

Clints Gadgets said:
NSW
1. Pratty (complete kit)
2. Marksy (complete kit)
3. Topher (complete kit)
4. Clints Gadgets (complete kit)
Vic

QLD
2. adam77 (mill only)

Hi all,

I couldn't wait any longer for this to get any legs, so I bit the bullet and went and bought a complete kit, it's up and running and gets 5.5kgs milled in under 3mins with an awesome crush.I will upload a video when I crush next week.

The bulk buy will still be available for those interested, might be the longest bulk buy on ahb.

Dan

That's great to hear.

I found out last week the place I get my grain has one of these for small lots so he doesn't have to go out the back and fire up his bigger unit.

He's so stoked with it. Reckons the 2 roller is a POS though and won't sell them. Maybe I'll put the hard word on him for a deal on a new setup.

If you don't mind me asking......What did ya pay Pratty1?

I hooked one up last week. haven used i yet. Mill is $200 and motor same price.

If you don't mind me asking......What did ya pay Pratty1?[/quote]

Full details, $200 each. Even at that price its money well spent.

Hey Pratty. If you could PM me the supplier you used I may buy one at full price also.

Thanks!

Burjo I bought a 2 roller Malt Muncher on eBay recently for $100 + $15 shipping, just letting you know.

Are these any good as I am in need of a mill very soon

Back