3 Roller Grain Mill & Motor Assy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Pratt

Reaction score
There has been some current interest for Grain mills on other threads and I was able to get a deal for the above mentioned from the KK supplier. I had enquired about the 2 & 3 rollers and was advised that the 3 rollers had to often been used with power drills and those drills burn out so they made a package deal to include the mill and motor assy.

The supplier was very clear about his concerns for doing the 2 rollers and set a minimum of 50units @ $100 each, all sent to 1 location and that person would have to freight out from there. The reason for this is they have alot of retailers that carry that product and his approach to business is that he doesnt want to offend of upset those retailers with a bulk buy of 10 or 20 units, and I agree with that.

The 3 rollers Malt Munchers are in a different category regarding retailers and sales of that product and they agreed to make a deal for minimum of 10 per location (each capital city) For Melbourne it will be ALL pickup from the store within 1 week of completeion or ALL be sent to one location and someone be responsible for those units, I will be managing the SYD & NSW order.

The price is $310 each

That comes complete with 3 roller mill & housing, hopper, 240v motor, gearbox & coupling & emergency stop button.

MaltMuncher.JPG Malt Muncher1.JPG

If you have any question please feel free or PM me.

Hope we can get the numbers required.

NSW
1. Pratty

Can we buy without the motor.
I'm thinking about upgrading my mashmaster mini mill but already have the motor side of things well and truly sorted.

Mark

smokomark said:
I'm thinking about upgrading my mashmaster mini mill but already have the motor side of things well and truly sorted.

Mark
I will contact them and get you an answer.

Good News.

Speaking with the supplier and they have decided to allow for splits on the equipment but still with a minimum of 10.

3 Roller Mill Only (10 min per location) $ 165 each

Motor & Gearbox Only (10 min location) $ 165 each

Mill & Motor (10 min location) $ 310

I think that may open up some option for those that already have a mill motor setup or a mill and that were loooking to get a motor :super:

Hmm pretty keen to grab a mill (with hopper) but not sure we'd get 10 people in Darwin.

welly see what happens with other area's.you could put your name downand get them to send it

smokomark said:

Mark
You spelt downgrading wrong!

DU99 said:
welly see what happens with other area's.you could put your name downand get them to send it
Yeah, would be more than happy to do that. It'll save me a good $50-60.

Camo6 said:
You spelt downgrading wrong!

Maybe i could learn to spell in the 40 - 50 minutes it takes to mill my normal 20kg grain bill for a quad batch.

I was at a mates place a week or 2 ago and saw 5kg thru a KK 3 roller mill in less than a couple of minutes with a far superior crush than my normal. Way less flour, and no uncrushed grains.

It looked a lot better, so in my mind thats an upgrade,
Correct me if i'm wrong.

BTW my mashmaster mini mill is 18 months old, has maybe had 100kg thru it, and performs exactly as it did on the first day I owned it.
It looks awesome build quality but is sadly lacking in the performance department.

Yikes! Fair enough then. Can't say I've had any troubles with my mini mill over the years but I crush at slow speeds so leaves plenty of time to refine my jokes, or so I thought.
Still, much like the minimill, there's no negative threads on this KK 3 roller.

smokomark said:
Maybe i could learn to spell in the 40 - 50 minutes it takes to mill my normal 20kg grain bill for a quad batch.

I was at a mates place a week or 2 ago and saw 5kg thru a KK 3 roller mill in less than a couple of minutes with a far superior crush than my normal. Way less flour, and no uncrushed grains.
Care to elaborate a little more on this? I have a 2 roller and have had a lot of trouble with it. Keen to see one in action.

Wolfman said:
Care to elaborate a little more on this? I have a 2 roller and have had a lot of trouble with it. Keen to see one in action.

You are welcome to come around any afternoon after 5pm or on the weekend and see it in action. I.m happy to put thru 5kg of grain so you can see what it does.

PM me for phone number and address.

Cheers, Mark

Id like to share that the reason Im looking at these is that I went to the LHBS and he had upgraded to the 3 roller KK with motor from his 2 roller and drill.

The ease of use, the speed it cracked the 6kg of grain at and most importantly the quality of the crack, low flour and high volumes of cracked husks intact.

I was very impressed with the 3 roller, hopper & motor setup :D

NSW
1. Pratty (complete kit

Vic
1 mxd (motor and gear box)

I am in Brisbane and interested in the mill only, but looks like you won't get the minimum of 10.

add your name and lets see where it gets to, slow and steady...lol

Back