3 Roller Grain Mill & Motor Assy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone interested in seeing a video I took of my 3 roller mill and motor in action please PM me. The file is like 13mb and to large for my youtube account.

marksy said:
13mb? That is tiny.
It wasn't in 1991. You'd need to ZIP the crap out of that and still use half a box of 3.5"s!

I had a look at the ebay specials. They look alright. I was thinking that and a cordless drill.

If you guys want AC motors like the one pictured in that first post, we can supply a MUCH better made S2 OEM model from our factory for $115 complete, which will include the motor, gearbox, mounting bracket, capacitor and bolts. The one in this kit is just an el-cheapo Oriental S1 copy. Only catch is, you would need to wait for the order which would take about 8 weeks.

We never offered these motors in out kits because they are under powered. The motor supplied with this has a max torque of about 8.0Nm. Its nowhere near enough for a decent mill.

When is the current limiter model available ?

motiondynamics said:
If you guys want AC motors like the one pictured in that first post, we can supply a MUCH better made S2 OEM model from our factory for $115 complete, which will include the motor, gearbox, mounting bracket, capacitor and bolts. The one in this kit is just an el-cheapo Oriental S1 copy. Only catch is, you would need to wait for the order which would take about 8 weeks.

We never offered these motors in out kits because they are under powered. The motor supplied with this has a max torque of about 8.0Nm. Its nowhere near enough for a decent mill.
Very interested. Any pics / specs?

Grainer,
Been working on it solidly for about a week now. Hardware is done, just sorting out bugs in the firmware. I hope to god i'll have it finished and online by the end of the week, I'm so sick of spending so much time sorting through bugs that I can barely look over this code without going into instant depression.
Jibba, its a series 2 AC induction motor. Extremely well made and with our own custom changes made over the stock unit to increase reliability and efficiency. Best of all though, we don't need to profit from it because we need to increase the sales of this range to meet our yearly sales quota the factory challenged us to achieve :D

Picture and specs attached! Just remember that the RPM of the motor will drop as you load it up. The one included with this package on the first page is a 120W motor with a 7.5:1, if you look at the advertising it says 180 rpm, but if you look at the specs below it shows 200 rpm! This is because at the rated load you will get a drop in speed. Drop varies between 2% and 20%
Also the mount is not pictured.

osvqdz.jpg

What coding/firmware does this thing run? Its just a motor yeah on/off?

motiondynamics said:
Marksy, he wasn't asking about the AC motor! :)

Jibba, I'll setup a pre-order on the website asap
Want a full setup when you get the limiter on .. got the rest of the set-up waiting for that component. !!

Latest posts

Back