Earth Hour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dinosaur eras put the earth's average temp as UP TO 10 Celsius hotter than now.

Listen, rimjobber, we needn't mine and enrich uranium in order to harness the sun's energy. We needn't find something to do with copious quantities of terribly dangerous waste by-products. Your point is absolutely facile.

Yes, current systems need to be used to make future systems - including nuclear (and wind for that matter). Are you even thinking about these stupid points you think are shutting me down?

the earth can get much hotter and we will be fine. MUCH hotter. and it's almost certainly a good thing IF it is getting hotter. a cold world is one we have no food production in. it's one where we all crowd around the equator. without a suitable atmosphere the earth's average temperature is freezing cold. we would all die.

any fool who worries about carbon has no clue on how it came to be and where it goes. carbon as the issue knows it has it bound by ancient fauna and flora. this carbon fuel was made by one the most vibrant ecologies that has ever existed. we can't get it all back out of the ground. therefore if we liberate all the fossil fuel we can possibly lay our hands on there will be less carbon available than was present when dinosaurs were larking about in the sunshine.

get a grip people. we will run out of fuel long before any really significant changes. use less if you want to. industry laughs at your feeble attempts to cut usage though.

chicken little people are a pain in the arse. please go back to worrying about nuclear things. (you know the only real alternative energy source)
Any wonder the world is a mess if that's the general consensus.
It's a bit hard to grow food when there are extremes of weather conditions ruining crops and stock.
So we use it all till it's gone and then.........
I think you may find that pain in the arse is your head stuck up there.

Not trying to have a go because I don't pretend to be a climate change scientist but what was acceptable for large reptilian creatures' survival x million years ago may not be suitable for current flora and fauna.

I don't for a second believe that turning off my lights for one hour will make one iota of difference to anything. I'm actually more fearful of pollution and overpopulation and many other things than I am global warming but I can't imagine the perceived/assumed climate from millions of years ago on a planet that contained entirely different zoology has much to do with our longevity or that of the species around us today.

I am happy to be wrong if you have some more specific information.

Myself I just don't see the need to drive to the supermarket, water the concrete, run 16 airconditioners when it's 22 degrees or use the clothes dryer on a sunny day. Nothing to do with climate change/global warming/politicians/carbon emissions/special tax schemes/wank- just unnecessary.

Any wonder the world is a mess if that's the general consensus.
It's a bit hard to grow food when there are extremes of weather conditions ruining crops and stock.
So we use it all till it's gone and then.........
I think you may find that pain in the arse is your head stuck up there.
a quick look at even recent history over the last thousand years says you have no idea. greenland was green when discoverd you know?
climate fluctuations are a result of living on a rock with a molten core circling a nuclear furnace. there are no more extemes of weather now than there was 5 thousand years ago. there is only people with short memories thinking it's all their fault.

Listen, rimjobber, we needn't mine and enrich uranium in order to harness the sun's energy. We needn't find something to do with copious quantities of terribly dangerous waste by-products. Your point is absolutely facile.

Yes, current systems need to be used to make future systems - including nuclear (and wind for that matter). Are you even thinking about these stupid points you think are shutting me down?
your one of those people who don't understand that uranium still is radiactive where it is then?we need economicly viable energy not fairy tales.

way to attack the man and not the argument.

Good point. Let's ask them how they dealt with that situation.
they died out, probably from a massive upset in the climate. a COLD one, not a hot one. as for the other guy who mentioned they were cold blooded well done but there were mammals then.

also way to miss the point where i said we can't possibly use all the fossil fuels up and that the temperature therfore can not reach that level.

your one of those people who don't understand that uranium still is radiactive where it is then?
The sun is radioactive too, and yet I'm pretty happy to present it as a viable energy source. You're confusing me but not in the way you're hoping to. But you're right, I lose a great amount of sleep over uranium being radioactive sealed deep, deep below the earth's crust. It is absolutely terrifying.

way to attack the man and not the argument.

I'm pretty sure I did address your points (such as they are) as well as your sexual activities.

a quick look at even recent history over the last thousand years says you have no idea. greenland was green when discoverd you know?
climate fluctuations are a result of living on a rock with a molten core circling a nuclear furnace. there are no more extemes of weather now than there was 5 thousand years ago. there is only people with short memories thinking it's all their fault.

Blaming the molten core of the earth for climate change, that's a newy. Perhaps with increased volcanic activity this may happen.
Well it's true there have always been extremes of weather.
You haven't noticed that these extremes have become more frequent and more extreme in a relatively short time?

i bring up dinosaurs only because they are the fuel we are using. we need that fuel. we will need it until we have viable RELIABLE alternatives in place.

come up with a better solution. i suggest we get the **** off this planet before a meteorite wipes us out of the equation. there a frikken whole moon made of methane in our solar system. there is enough tritium on our moon to power us for thousands of years. not many people seem to grasp how tenuous our position really is.

if you can get that half a kilowatt out of the sun economically great. i'm all for it. but to insist that is a real alternative right now? you have no idea.

The sun is radioactive too, and yet I'm pretty happy to present it as a viable energy source. You're confusing me but not in the way you're hoping to. But you're right, I lose a great amount of sleep over uranium being radioactive sealed deep, deep below the earth's crust. It is absolutely terrifying.

I'm pretty sure I did address your points (such as they are) as well as your sexual activities.
well bumhole. that radioactive material is thown into the atmosphere every time someone digs a hole. it's no sealed anywhere it's IN YOUR BED. coal power produces more radiation in our atmoshpere than nuclear ever will.

but it's good that at least your not arguing i should pay taxes on anything that makes carbon anymore. i even heard i should pay carbon tax on planting tree recently because it uses water.

lol, who would have thought this thread would go this way?

Greenland has always been full of ice and Iceland is more green. Believe it or not it's true. Greenland has been used for geological studies because of it's ice content

well bumhole. that radioactive material is thown into the atmosphere every time someone digs a hole. it's no sealed anywhere it's IN YOUR BED. coal power produces more radiation in our atmoshpere than nuclear ever will.

Let's build the reactor next door to rimrunner.

Greenland has always been full of ice and Iceland is more green. Believe it or not it's true. Greenland has been used for geological studies because of it's ice content
yeah those ancient farmhouses that are turning up from under the ice are totally planted.

Back