Dry Hops Bag Floating On Top

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerandgarden

Reaction score
I dry hopped the other day by putting hops pellets in muslin bag and tossing it into fermentor. I even put a marble in the bag to help it sink but one marble was not enough, the bag is still floating on top. Will it work just as well from the top? For next time would it be better if I add more marbles to get it to sink?

I dry hopped the other day by putting hops pellets in muslin bag and tossing it into fermentor. I even put a marble in the bag to help it sink but one marble was not enough, the bag is still floating on top. Will it work just as well from the top? For next time would it be better if I add more marbles to get it to sink?

wont be AS effective as complete immersion but you will still get something from it.. I just use the whole bag of marbles, boiled and soaked in Starsan prior to going into hop bag.

Ive taken, lately to not really using bags though most times and just throw the buggers in... as I cold condition it mostly all ends up in the trub anyway after a few days at 2'c

I chuck a sanitised stainless steel teaspoon in my hops bag, drags it right down to the bottom no problem.

Thanks for the replies. I'll add some more marbles next time I do it.

I chuck a sanitised stainless steel teaspoon in my hops bag, drags it right down to the bottom no problem.

Sanitised teaspoon in a hop bag (could also be called a stocking) here as well.

Latest posts

Back