Does Chrome React With Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darren said:
Get yourself the industry standard.

Yes, I am getting staino fittings...as before, I couldn't get them on time.

As for "industry standard"...lol, you'd best check places like asisphonics and skratchboard...these are the places where "industry standard" means tried and true, but most definitely not the very best...stuff gets way out of control with turntables! :lol:

I've given up on G&G, no reply within 24 hours means no sale so far as I am concerned...I'll use a 1/2" liquid post with the poppet removed for my hose fitting ($7 less than a G&G stainless barbed tail) and go see Colin at Brew your Own tomorrow for more fittings...I'll do what it takes, even if it ain't the norm :ph34r:

PZ.

Fingerlickin_B said:
Thanks for trying to help guys, but too many people seem to be agreeing on too little
[post="88135"][/post]​
Welcome to the real world. All people bullshit some of the time, some people bullshit all of the time. Then there are facts which are just plain irrelevant.

It is your gear - you have to make up your own mind.

sosman said:
Fingerlickin_B said:
Thanks for trying to help guys, but too many people seem to be agreeing on too little
[post="88135"][/post]​
Welcome to the real world. All people bullshit some of the time, some people bullshit all of the time. Then there are facts which are just plain irrelevant.

It is your gear - you have to make up your own mind.
[post="88195"][/post]​

Either that or throw the bullshit on your plants. :lol:

Warren -

I woke up this afternoon (day off work, so had far too many last night :lol: ) and still no email or phone call from Grain & Grape... :rolleyes:

Warmed up the rotor and went out to Water Plus in Fyshwick. $11.50 later I walked out with two 1/2" to 1/2", one 1/2" to 3/8" reducer polyethylene fittings and a 3/8" thread John Guest tube fitting for attaching the racking tube :D

Stainless? Nope, I'm not even bothering...maybe if G&G had replied to the order like they said they would...their loss I suppose :lol:

PZ.

Borret said:
just checked bias boating catalogure. The balls are indeed stainless on the nickel jobs.

I'm sure we'd all like staino fittings but it comes down to the fact that alot of us would like to brew before we recieve our inheritance. When it's $30 for one yes... but when the system needs 3 + all the other fittings that go with it then brass is a good interim measure for me. There's always an upgrade down the track.

Borret
[post="88129"][/post]​

Looks like Bias have raised their prices. I picked up seven of the SS jobies for $26 earlier this year and just figured out I need to get a couple more. (2 HLT's, 1 Mash Tun, 3 boil kettles).

Looks like I need to go in search of new fittings as I am using Brass garden quick disconnects and the only thing that would connect the disconnect to the SS valve was a chrome fitting (which after reading this thread isn't really recommended).

David

David, if you go to Bunnings or similar you should be able to get all the fittings you need in brass, they are standard things.

050215_040.jpg

Latest posts

Back