Different wort aeration kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my setup.
Just got to get some 1/4" tube & it's a goer.

20160817_171809.jpg

The fact that its a LEFT HAND thread would make finding an adaptor very entertaining!
M

Yep... That regulator is a bargain and seems to work pretty well (with at least some form of flow rate gauge)

SBOB said:
Yep... That regulator is a bargain and seems to work pretty well (with at least some form of flow rate gauge)
Tks guys for your imput , and ebay links, I've just ordered my gear and will buy a trade flame bottle from bunnings. Keen to get into some lager brewing in spring for summertime. My lagers last year were pretty good, but oxygen should make them better.

Cheers guys

Coldspace said:
Tks guys for your imput , and ebay links, I've just ordered my gear and will buy a trade flame bottle from bunnings. Keen to get into some lager brewing in spring for summertime. My lagers last year were pretty good, but oxygen should make them better.

Cheers guys
Did you go for an oxy wand or hose & stone?

I bought all the same gear oldmate SBOB put up the links. Looks great and good cost. Reg arrived today. Just waiting on other pits to arrive.
Cheers

FWIW i messaged Bob the Welder and he suggested the regulator is not compatible with Tradeflame O2 bottles, specifically he said only Bossweld cylinders.

mstrelan said:
FWIW i messaged Bob the Welder and he suggested the regulator is not compatible with Tradeflame O2 bottles, specifically he said only Bossweld cylinders.
In what way.
It screws straight on & works perfectly.
The Tradeflame cylinder has an M10 thread as does the regulator from Bob.

he's wrong :)
Its a standard M10 thread

Its branded Bossweld so clearly fits those, but standard threads are, well, kinda standard

Plus, based on his listing details he doesnt come across as the cheery helpful kind of guy :)

mstrelan said:
I found what appears to be the same regulator in a package with a 110L O2 for the same price, so you can skip the trip to Bunnings if you prefer - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111621305999
thats exactly the same reg (i did a heap of comparing before buying the one i linked to, cross referencing pics/model numbers etc)
at $98 its slightly more than buying separate though (~$5) , depending on how much of a tightass you are :)

I like this thread lads gunner go down this road once funds come good

What about an in line filter anyone using one ?

Im still to organise my pressure ferment keg but once I do was going to inject o2 then shake the keg rather than using a 0.5 stone any thoughts on this

cheers Rude

rude said:
Yes, I have an inline 0.22 micron filter and the oxygen sinter on a short silicone hose. I simply autoclave this every time it's used: I wrap it in foil before autoclaving and and store it wrapped until next use.

rude said:
I like this thread lads gunner go down this road once funds come good

Im still to organise my pressure ferment keg but once I do was going to inject o2 then shake the keg rather than using a 0.5 stone any thoughts on this

cheers Rude
No need for an inline filter if you go for an oxygen tank. The inline filters are more for purifying the air when using an aquarium pump to oxygenate if that's what you were referring to. You certainly don't want dirty air added to your wort. I think you'll get far better oxygen saturation by running it for a period of time against running it for a much shorter time & then trying to shake the fermenter. It couldn't be any simpler than setting your required L/Min then turning it off after the time you want. I don't pressure ferment but I have a 50L keg as a fermenter. I use a sanke fermenting kit & once I'm done cold crashing, I transfer the wort to a keg or bottling bucket using Co2. I think the 0.5 micron stone is well worth the investment with the oxy wand.

Back