Developer And Tester

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katherine

Reaction score
Just to brag at the moment Im testing a software application from a developer who happens to be a friend... He thinks it would be a good idea to meet at the Brass Monkey (Fat Yak on tap, which Im yet to test from the tap) before the next testing phase happens... sometimes I love my job... any body else have beer friendly bosses or collegues? :icon_chickcheers:

Not a boss, but a sparky subcontractor of ours has a soft spot for beer and homebrew. So he gets a 'surprise' inspection on the odd friday. Plus he has been good for wiring up the odd bit of kit.

:icon_cheers: SJ

any body else have beer friendly bosses or collegues? :icon_chickcheers:
My PhD supervisor loves the Belgium Beer Cafe, so we usually head there on Friday arvos. He's a big wig in the department, so he usually buys a few rounds of pommes frites (he's canadian, so he loves the mayo, eh). Funny though - everyone else drinks Stella, so I look like a real ponce with my Rochefort 10.

I scored a free Tripel Karmeliet for finding an emacs hack for him a few months ago, and I'm hoping someone will shout me tonight - my first paper just got accepted to publication. Yes, as a nerd I celebrate these things. :icon_cheers:

Good stuff Katie.

There are 3 or 4 brewers at my work.
Unfortunately we work different shifts.
Occasionally we have managed to get together and swapped brews and it all was great.
I hope to drag one of them to the Sydney AHB crawl.

matti

...I'm hoping someone will shout me tonight - my first paper just got accepted to publication. Yes, as a nerd I celebrate these things. :icon_cheers:

Hell I will. I'm toasting your success now. I know how hard it can be to get a paper published - well done! :icon_chickcheers:

Katie: I just had a friend over to brew on Saturday because he wanted to see my system in action. When he looked at my aluminum kettle, the first words out of his mouth were "someone knew what they were doing when they welded that." That comment made me remember how I got that tap installed - it's funny how you take some things for granted. My old neighbour's brother in law is a very talented machinist who works in a welding/machine shop. I found a SS ball valve, threaded on one end with a hose barb on the other, and I needed it installed in my kettle. My neighbour passed it off to his brother in law (who had sampled my wares many times), who passed it off to an underling who not only installed the valve, but had to weld on a thick piece of aluminum in order to build up the kettle wall thickness so that he could install the valve.

Cost: 2 beer and a good conversation. Gotta love beer. Kind of makes me wonder just how far/how much beer bartering could get me.

I try not to drink with my Boss to often....has a bad habit of getting me well plastered on anything I desire.. :icon_chickcheers:

Hell I will. I'm toasting your success now. I know how hard it can be to get a paper published - well done! :icon_chickcheers:

Katie: I just had a friend over to brew on Saturday because he wanted to see my system in action. When he looked at my aluminum kettle, the first words out of his mouth were "someone knew what they were doing when they welded that." That comment made me remember how I got that tap installed - it's funny how you take some things for granted. My old neighbour's brother in law is a very talented machinist who works in a welding/machine shop. I found a SS ball valve, threaded on one end with a hose barb on the other, and I needed it installed in my kettle. My neighbour passed it off to his brother in law (who had sampled my wares many times), who passed it off to an underling who not only installed the valve, but had to weld on a thick piece of aluminum in order to build up the kettle wall thickness so that he could install the valve.

Cost: 2 beer and a good conversation. Gotta love beer. Kind of makes me wonder just how far/how much beer bartering could get me.

You have to love it... I became friends with the developer through beer, at work social events , Ive seen him progress from VB... first step Coopers and so on . Our session beer used to be STELLAAAAAAAAAAAA! (which we both cant stand anymore) He is also interesting in brewing as being to a few of my brew days including my first. Anyhow he helps me out quite alot at work due to that! Which helps me out quite a bit in a male dominated role.

Im off for that FAT YAK....

My Boss loves the German club at the Gabba (as do I :wub: ), so we started having lunches there when it was someone's birthday. Now we have team meetings there, performance reviews, planning workshops, christmas parties....; :p It's now mandatory for all team members to be paid up members of the club ($5 for the year).

All the meetings usually end up with trays of schnapps and dopplebock chasers, and apologetic calls home to partners..... :unsure:

Cheers - Snow.

Whaoooooooo!!!! its happening again... Not meant to be drinking beer... but it would be rude not to...

Was recently in Sydney for work, had to work 14 hour days. Had to eat dinner and go back to work despite having worked since 7am, and working till midnight. Had dinner at a pub and boss advised me not to drink alcohol because of company policy.

So no, quite the bloody opposite

ah the luxury of flexi hours... I won't be returning to work...

Latest posts

Back