Dehydrated Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so as far as i can tell its not available yet, but he has plenty of good feedback on it....hmmm

i smell bullshit on those happy customers.

So they've produced (or claim to) a beer concentrate just like sodastream does for soda. Maybe the process is open up some hopped liquid malt tins, chuck on yeast and hope for the best. When fermented package in small lots for adding water at a later stage.

I say those 'back country hikers' need to harden the f*** up. Seriously, I hike around Koz every year over 2 nights - something like 40km around plus a few kilometers of elevation - and I still manage to take a sixpack of real beer, plus a tent, Trangia, good food etc. I don't catch the chairlift up the main Thredbo slope, either.

Nothing beats slogging it out all day then having the highest beer in the country after its been cooled by the Snowy River. Bloody magic.

- boingk

I say those 'back country hikers' need to harden the f*** up. Seriously, I hike around Koz every year over 2 nights - something like 40km around plus a few kilometers of elevation - and I still manage to take a sixpack of real beer, plus a tent, Trangia, good food etc. I don't catch the chairlift up the main Thredbo slope, either.

Nothing beats slogging it out all day then having the highest beer in the country after its been cooled by the Snowy River. Bloody magic.

- boingk

That's a great walk, I've done it a couple of times. Chairlifts are for pussies!

If it's anything like the dehydrated wine that's been available in Europe for years - it'll be terrible.

Clumpy, musty odor, like drinking beetroot juice spiked with cheap vodka that has spoiled at the bottom of the ocean for three hundred years.

http://www.brettonstuff.com/index.php/back...rated-red-wine/

Personally, when im trekking in high country, a small bottle of >40% spirit goes down a treat to warm the gizzards at the end of the day. A bottle of Pisco was the best thing I could have brought on the Inca Trail.

- boingk

On the odd occasion I have bushwalked in Australia for an overnighter (I once followed the disused railway track from Gin Gin to Mount Perry, awesome three day trek) then Bundaberg Over Proof rum has been my friend. Keep away from naked flame :super:

"The first time I tried it I was totally blown away.
Abby Jane - Backpacker/Hiker...

So, I guess it goes down well in a beer bong then...

"BribieG & phoneyhuh" said:
small bottle of >40% spirit. . . Bundaberg Over Proof rum

Sounds like you guys know the score! Gotta admit I'm very fond of the Wild Brumby Distillery, its on the road from Jyndabyne to Thredbo and open most days for lunch, coffee, spirit tasting...whatever. Its a good place to stop and they do a mean schnitzel burger...

Anyway, their schnapps is outta this world. I've had their peach, pear williams, pink lady apple, butterscotch, chilli, and mango schnapps and have to say they're all quite good - especially on a cold mountainous hike.

Cheers - boingk

Although, come on guys! if it works! phwoarr

There's a reason why brewing takes so long and requires the processes that we go through. You just can't shortcut some things in life gents.

I was joking.
though I think it's funny how everyone has condemned it without tasting it. If it tastes even half decent, it would be great! Carrying beer on any extended trips is troublesome. If it doesn't taste terrible (admittedly it probably does), I'll buy it.

I was joking.
though I think it's funny how everyone has condemned it without tasting it. If it tastes even half decent, it would be great! Carrying beer on any extended trips is troublesome. If it doesn't taste terrible (admittedly it probably does), I'll buy it.

I didin't. But having said that, I would rather get a buzz by hiking up where the air is thin and letting nature take its course.

OK, that and maby licking a alpine tree frog ot two..

Latest posts

Back