CUB launches new Crown Golden Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This beer was thoroughly underwhelming and after purchasing a 6pack last week I have only consumed 2 of the said beverage. Do I detect some manky T-58? I won't waste breathe talking about any hop profile. I did expect better, I don't know why.

Had this at the footy a few weeks ago, glad I only bought a bottle and didn't go to shop and buy a six pack... I'm going to say I would rather a normal crownie first..

Attempting a 'clone' today for FIL's 60th (I think).

BB Pale

POR for bittering and a touch of Galaxy late, to about 20 IBU.

Sounds alright? Any chrystal malts?

US-05 or S-189?

Spiesy said:
Sounds like Crown Lager Ale with some Galaxy.
I tried one the other day and this is pretty much how it tasted. I won't be going back for more unless I'm passed one. It would be rude to decline.

I received a free Crown Golden Ale from work. As I was studying for the BJCP exam I decided to score it. Maybe 20 points I thought.

I ended up giving it 40 points out of 50. I found it a tasty beer with a nice, albeit mild, balance between hops and malt.

My last sip had warmed from its 3C serving temperature and yielded even more flavour and complexity.

By the way, I am the guy that drinks water instead of Crown Lager when out and about.

I bought a 6pack out of curiosity, gotta be 4 weeks ago. I've still got 3 left. Says it all I reckon.

I was not impressed with this offering from CUB. Thanks for the effort guys but I think its time to focus on making beer instead of advertising campaigns.
Dull and tasteless, sorry there was taste, very much like they used mouldy stale grain....maybe that fella on telly isn't a real good barley farmer.

Phoney said:
We had a bit of a party for SWMBO's birthday a month or so ago. We made it very clear on the invite that there will be three craft beers and one cider on tap, and that BYO is absolutely not necessary, unless you drink spirits or wine.

Would you believe someone brought along a six pack of crownies, and left them in our fridge. I was insulted. I'm still unsure as to what to do with them.

"Party, don't have to bring a thing"

Bloke "Arr, SWEET"

SWMBO "We HAVE to bring SOMETHING"

BLoke "............."

SWMBO "What would other people bring"

Bloke "Well there's this new...., it might be alright"

Nuff said

Hmm, that comes out a bit sexist.

But its not

You know the add?

Its a joke and all

Whilst I haven't tried these particular golden ales, I always find it a bit awkward to be in pub shouts - New. New, VB, New, VB....Errm, Coopers or James Squire if they have it please..........

rosshorne said:
I received a free Crown Golden Ale from work. As I was studying for the BJCP exam I decided to score it. Maybe 20 points I thought.

I ended up giving it 40 points out of 50. I found it a tasty beer with a nice, albeit mild, balance between hops and malt.

My last sip had warmed from its 3C serving temperature and yielded even more flavour and complexity.

By the way, I am the guy that drinks water instead of Crown Lager when out and about.
i hope you score one of my beers in a competition one day.......

rosshorne said:

What style did you score it against?

Florian said:
Attempting a 'clone' today for FIL's 60th (I think).

BB Pale

POR for bittering and a touch of Galaxy late, to about 20 IBU.

Sounds alright? Any chrystal malts?

US-05 or S-189?

Probably a bit late, but I would go for S-189 out of the two..

not too late, haven't actually brewed yet, weather was too ugly yesterday.

Back