CUB launches new Crown Golden Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like another piss weak attempt by the Mega Brewers at making beer. Tried Tooheys Flag Ale the other day at one of the local pubs(I really don't know why) ...... and :icon_vomit: would have tipped it out if I brewed it.... nothing good to say.

Flag ale, wow, haven't had one of those since I had brown hair. I expect it's a brand name retention exercise like CUB do from time to time, although the last couple of CUB rebrews of Brisbane Bitter and Bulimba Gold Top were pretty authentic (I still remember them from the 70s). Might hunt up a six of the Flag if it's available round here.

I had a read of the article...

Here is a Teanslation.

Waffle,waffle,marketing,waffle,waffle, bullshit,waffle,waffle,hipsters,waffle,waffle,waffle,marketing bullshit, waffle,waffle,hipsters,waffle,waffle

Ducatiboy stu said:

Here is a Teanslation.

Waffle,waffle,marketing,waffle,waffle, bullshit,waffle,waffle,hipsters,waffle,waffle,waffle,marketing bullshit, waffle,waffle,hipsters,waffle,waffle
I'm impressed that you read that much of the article!

Nice - another version of the $51 fizzy dishwater

Ducatiboy stu said:
Here is a Teanslation.
Hipsters drink pabst blue ribbon in an attempt to be ironic.
Sorry, I mean "ironic".

manticle said:
Hipsters drink pabst blue ribbon in an attempt to be ironic.
Sorry, I mean "ironic".
OT.

PBR is fine when you drink it ice cold, on the back of a boat in the middle of a US summer, and only pay $18 a box for it, very hard to replicate those ideal conditions here.

JD

Bribie G said:
Flag ale, wow, haven't had one of those since I had brown hair. I expect it's a brand name retention exercise like CUB do from time to time, although the last couple of CUB rebrews of Brisbane Bitter and Bulimba Gold Top were pretty authentic (I still remember them from the 70s). Might hunt up a six of the Flag if it's available round here.
Methinks the memories of your hair are better than your taste. :)

It's getting Crown Lager and other drinkers to try something a little different. Only good can come of this. Heads up from me :super:

Batz

Batz said:
It's getting Crown Lager and other drinkers to try something a little different. Only good can come of this. Heads up from me :super:

Batz
Exactly Batz. Crownies has the high stigma attached to it of being the premium aussie beer. Hopefully it will capture the attention of this market.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I didnt know you where in marketing.
Cmon Stu, your a tradie. You should know the value of a carton of crownies over a standard carton. I just dont have the heart to tell people when they suprise me with a carton of crownies to show how happy they are. Crownies equal a happy client.

bradsbrew said:
Cmon Stu, your a tradie. You should know the value of a carton of crownies over a standard carton. I just dont have the heart to tell people when they suprise me with a carton of crownies to show how happy they are. Crownies equal a happy client.
I allways ask for Coopers Red. And the quality of the job increases accordingly.

Back