Courier Mail Beer Article

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
A pretty good artice highlighting the usual crap way the QLD government regulates things.
beer
Good to see something positive about beer for a change (nice work Matt BTW)
Edit: the full artice in the paper has some food matching suggestions etc.

I agree totally with Ronald Pattinson (Shut up about Barclay Perkins) that "food matching" is ludicrous and the only food match that should ever be attempted with beer is a bag of pork scratchings. B)

I agree totally with Ronald Pattinson (Shut up about Barclay Perkins) that "food matching" is ludicrous and the only food match that should ever be attempted with beer is a bag of pork scratchings. B)
Oh yeah, wot about beer nuts then :angry:

You are wrong Bribie..
Salt and Vinegar Crisps, Pickled Egg and a Pint of Tetleys. :icon_drool2:

Ok, you've got me. Cold Veal Ham and Egg pie or a Scotch Egg.

However that "this beer goes well with Croutard of Moulanche with a drizzle of Gambout served on a Crepe D'argignione " wank crap really annoys the shit out of me.

:angry:

Belgian dubbel with dark chocolate coated, crystallised ginger B)

Cheddar (proper crumbly stuff) or Stilton with an IPA

The positive in all of this is that this type of article is becoming more and more common.

it's good to see that the craft industry is on the incline in Australia and creating it's own 'sub division' from the Duopoly in the public eye.
The more that average Australians can differentiate between a Duopoly beer and a craft beer, the better.

Indian food and a wit. SRSLY. :icon_drool2:

We need to become more militant :angry: :angry:

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Cheese platter of double brie, blue castello and sharp cheddar, a bowl of Branston pickle on the side,some brined chillis and a lot of water crackers. Coupled with a few pints of hard hitting 2xIPA and I'm in heaven.

Happy to put this to the test GrumpyBribieG :D

Will be matching 8 different pizzas to 8 different beers this Saturday at Finbar's in Maleny. (I hesitate to use the word degustation)

... haven't tried the desert pizzas before, so it could be interesting :unsure:

(yes, more shameless plugs :ph34r: )

There'll be schwarz and rauch and strong and pilsner and APA and ... a heap on the floor at the end most likely.

Back on thread...

"If you're looking for something to get drunk on, it's unlikely to be a craft beer."

I must have been doing it wrong :p

Back on thread...

"If you're looking for something to get drunk on, it's unlikely to be a craft beer."

I must have been doing it wrong :p

You don't get drunk drinking craft beer, you get tired and emotional - so there :p .

Back