Counter Pressure Bottle Fillers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dicko

A frame to support the filler is a good idea. I find the biggest PITA with mine is trying to sit the filler somewhere sanitary to cap the bottle before it starts to foam. <_<

Actually swing top (Grolsch) bottles are great. With practice it allows you to hold the filler and shut the bottle with your other hand.

Warren -

Thats exactly the problem with it, need 3 hands. A holster for it and a rack to hold the bottles upright and you would be fine. :D

Yep, you're right Al. Need a third hand to hold your pint of beer while filling. :lol:

Warren -

That would be four hands!, in fact a female brewing assistant could come in handy here too :lol:

That would be four hands!, in fact a female brewing assistant could come in handy here too lol

hang on! I'll see if I have a pic of one :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

Just looking at a filler tells you that you would be busier than a "one armed bricklayer in Bagdad" on bottling day, so I recon the frame would be mandatory.
Anyway I'll keep working on it and if I come up with anything worthwhile I'll let you all know.
Cheers

Just a thought, if you need some inspiration...........

In last year's NSW Xmas case Doc supplied a video of various microbrewery managers in the US being interviewed. One of those videos featured a microbrewery filling up growlers using a framed CP system.

If i recall rightly his system was like a pronged frame that was inserted into the tops of the bottles, filling 3-4 bottles at a time. So maybe Doc might have that video, because i've lost mine. Great video though.

Will

PS Just found it. David Hoffman @ Climax Brewery on the American Brewery Video at 17 minutes 8 sec. I have no idea how to post images, but if you want it i can email to you if you want.

A Friend of mine knocked this up for me out of stainless bits (he's an instrument fitter) -

PICT0072.JPG
PICT0073.JPG

Aparently its purpose built to fill 2L plastic PET bottles - I think I get the hint!

Reading all the horror stories however - I'm scared to give it a go.

Does anyone know if its possible to buy the male end of a gas QD with 1/4" male NPT on the other end?

RM

kungy,
Thanks for the offer of the video I do appreciate it, however on my dial up speed it would be quicker for me to walk to Sydney and visit Doc and watch it on his TV :( I don't (read, haven't got the time to) download anything over 1mb.

roger mellie,
I have seen that system before with the two ball valves and that would work OK but I recon that with that set up you would need a female brewery assistant (or four hands) to work it. A frame of some kind would be good.

Zwickel,
That looks like a top set up, all on a frame for support.
I dont speak (or read German) but the pics have got my mind working on a couple of designs.
BTW it is good to see that even in German I spotted the word "longneck" for the bottle.

Cheers guys

roger mellie,

http://craftbrewer.com.au/index.php?page=s...rt&Itemid=1

Is this what you are looking for?

Cheers

Dicko

Not quite

What Ive got is a valve with a 1/2" NPT thread (so the female end) - that I need to connect to a gas disconnect. So what I want is the male end off the QD with a male 1/2" NPT on the other end to screw into my valve

If I had a spare Corny keg - I could rob the post - and rig up something. Think I might get away wit a Swage fitting and some Nylex Instrument hose - so long as that goes over the barb.

Thanks anyway but.

RM

kungy,
Thanks for the offer of the video I do appreciate it, however on my dial up speed it would be quicker for me to walk to Sydney and visit Doc and watch it on his TV :( I don't (read, haven't got the time to) download anything over 1mb.

I was thinking more along the lines of a highly technical print screen of the video paused at the point where he is showing the machine. I would have to email to you as a bmp. image though.

Will

Went to a MASSIVE garage sale about 10 yrs ago..
The fella had the whole kit n kaboodle..
Whack your bottles on press a button....A carbonation machine...Was going for a song..
But i cant sing ..anyway..
just a little bit of trivia....
Cheers
PJ

Thanks for asking this Dicko
Wondering about the same lately,Ross does this and I have asked to check it out on Thursday.
I want to see a couple of pet bottles filled like this,then a couple with primer.
I'll give them a month and then try them.

Batz

Ok I did this experement at Ross's place,it's been almost a month so today I cracked the bottles.
These were PET bottles and the one filled from the keg was not chilled.

Primed bottle (with sugar) exellent head
Filled from the keg..flat as a tack

Batz

This'll clear things up :D

"Building guidance fr an a lever counter-pressure Flaschenabfller. With this building guidance mchte I the large Community of the house and Hobbybrauer simply which can be copied Gert to the foam and sediment-free Befllen of Bierflaschen ermglichen. During the construction I have this counter-pressure Flaschenabfllers therefore consciously on simple parts from the Sanitr range, which can be procured, which in nearly each building market to have its should, zurckgegriffen. The only and also most expensive special part of these Construction is the three-way ball valve, which at the same time gave the name to this Gert as Herzstck. Some of the pictures in this building guidance to be shown here knnen only in strongly more reduced Form into the document to be merged, however set I to these pictures a left more ber the appropriate picture into Originalgrsse from the Internet to be then loaded down can. Here first times a total view: The too fllende bottle stands for which from Sicherheitsgrnden (Berstschutz) in a 5l-Messbehlter at the same time as catching and drip tray fr possibly berlaufendes beer serves, also always the Flldegen drips somewhat after if the Fller taken by the bottle becomes. It is advisable to store thus in each case a Auffanggefss. In the picture to see is the left clear hose, which the beer heranfhrt and the right pressure oil hose, which is zustndig fr the CO2. "

translate.google.com

This'll clear things up :D

"Building guidance fr an a lever counter-pressure Flaschenabfller. With this building guidance mchte I the large Community of the house and Hobbybrauer simply which can be copied Gert to the foam and sediment-free Befllen of Bierflaschen ermglichen. During the construction I have this counter-pressure Flaschenabfllers therefore consciously on simple parts from the Sanitr range, which can be procured, which in nearly each building market to have its should, zurckgegriffen. The only and also most expensive special part of these Construction is the three-way ball valve, which at the same time gave the name to this Gert as Herzstck. Some of the pictures in this building guidance to be shown here knnen only in strongly more reduced Form into the document to be merged, however set I to these pictures a left more ber the appropriate picture into Originalgrsse from the Internet to be then loaded down can. Here first times a total view: The too fllende bottle stands for which from Sicherheitsgrnden (Berstschutz) in a 5l-Messbehlter at the same time as catching and drip tray fr possibly berlaufendes beer serves, also always the Flldegen drips somewhat after if the Fller taken by the bottle becomes. It is advisable to store thus in each case a Auffanggefss. In the picture to see is the left clear hose, which the beer heranfhrt and the right pressure oil hose, which is zustndig fr the CO2. "

translate.google.com

I can see where I stuffed up now :blink: :huh: :blink:

Batz

And out of curiosity what are those Blichmann engineering bottle fillers like.From memory a few of us AHB folk invested in some.

Big D

And out of curiosity what are those Blichmann engineering bottle fillers like.From memory a few of us AHB folk invested in some.

Big D

I don't remember any raving reviews Big D

Batz

Cheers Batz.
It looks the goods for a bit of brew bling but as you say----- no rave reviews.

Big D

Latest posts

Back