Could This Work?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volcano

Reaction score
About a year ago I made a home brew with my old man and the father in law. They affectionately named it "2 pa's ale". Well, after sampling it after 4, 8, 12 and 16 weeks it was a shocker.

I was going through the shed (where I keep them) and decided to give one another shot. Put her in the fridge for a day and hey-presto! This beer has actually come good. Only problem - almost completely flat.

I then had a brainstorm. I've emptied [approximately] 51 stubbies into a keg. It is currently cooling down in the fridge and I am going to try and gas it up in there.

Do I have the best of both worlds here? Bottle matured beer in a keg? Do you think this will turn out?

volcano,
maybe some other kegger has had this experience.
At least your giving it a shot to see how it turns out.
either way, it will be interesting to hear of the results.

cheers

Just make sure you don't tell the oldies or then they will expect some ;)

cant see any reason why not barnsy.ive had frozen kegs that had to thaw out and they turned out great and were regassed again .
let us all now how you went

Well, I am stoked to report it worked a treat! The beer is perfectly gassed (force-carbonation method) and has a real crisp, authentic taste. A little light on body and head retention, but probably due to only using dextrose without any malt. What I thought was going to be a dud worthy of getting thrown out has turned out to be a show stopper.

Very happy with the result. Moral of the story: Don't throw anything out! :D

good to hear thats it a perfectly good brew
enjoy

sound good but i would be worried about oxyidation since pooring out of a stubbie into a keg

Back