Fermenter bubbling after 19 day ferment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbom

Reaction score
Hi all in the home brew world.
I have only started home brewing beer since December 2021.
I would consider my self a moderate consumer of beer... I record quantities, alcohol readings and qualities of each brew, so I know I am about to keg my 12th brew. And I gotto say... why the Hell have I been buying beer for the past 30 years...!!!
Anyhow I have a small query as I have not come across this before.
I normally do a 14 day ferment of the Morgan's tins, I add the yeast that comes with tin and add hops depending on the brew. I cut back on consumption last week so this brew ferment has stretched out to 19 days.
I have just started sterilising my equipment and empty 19ltr ball lock keg and I see my fermenter 19 days in is bubbling ?, not constantly but definitely bubbling. The brew is a Morgan's Aust Bitter - 1kg brew booster + 250g Dextrose + 24g hops teabag.
I live 100klm inland of Brisbane, my 2 fermenters live under my house in a cool concrete shed area.
They normally stop bubbling about 5 days. For some reason this has kicked in again... ? Any thoughts on why. ?
My thoughts on getting this brew kegged, is crash cold my fermenter in the fridge and keg the brew as normal tomorrow...? Or should I just leave it till stops bubbling...?
Thanks in advance for any advice. 🍺

Sorry, way too late, but welcome to AHB. How's the bubbling?:cheers:

Latest posts

Back