Coopers wheat beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunza60

Reaction score
Hi Guys, i have a coopers wheat beer kit as a present and i havent made one before. . can i make it with these ingredients that i have handy? They are Maltodextrin, dextrose, also Coopers BE1, sachet Hallertau and a Brew cellar wheat beer yeast. Any suggestions of quantities of each or do i need some malt?
Cheers Chaps in advance.

Not sure about the extra hops but just go with the instructions on the can and it will be quite nice. I would use the Brew Cellar yeast you have rather than that which came with the kit.
If you are going to bottle it, wheat beer carbs quite quick and is nice fresh.
Just do the kit and a kilo thing and see how you like the taste

That's a good hop for that but hopefully someone will suggest best way to add some. Remember, the kit is already hopped for bitterness so maybe just throw it in after a day or two.
I am only giving you some suggestions in the absence of anyone giving you better advice.

It's a kit mate. It's already balanced. Add hops if you want it won't hurt. Just make the brew more expensive (maybe better?).

Was just concerned about malt additions .. Or lack of them. So you think 500g of maltodextrin and dextrose each will be good?

Is maltodextrin similar to light dry malt?.. So many different names... Lol

Ok the malto will help make it sweeter (30% fermentable) . The Dex will add some %to the over All alcohol volume. You have two choises. Add the sugars to get the predicted alcohol content or add a bit less H2o.

As its a kit I would follow the recipe. But if it ment a trip to the local brew Shop then just dry hop with a touch less water. No matter what you choose it will he allrite.

Kool mate. Pls let me know how it go's. My famo and friends keep asking (threatening) if I want some kits. Would like to know how it turns out.

Will do.. Prob too pissy to start now as I'd planned. Tomorrow looks good.. Lol

Hey Tunza,

I've made the Coopers wheat beer kit a couple of times and it is a good one. Your coopers Brew Enhancer 1 is a mix of dextrose and maltodextrin (60% dex and 40% maltodex) so if you aren't able to find any dry or liquid wheat malt (which I highly recommend over dex or maltodex) then your BE1 has a good pre-made mix of the two already so feel free to use 1 kilo of it without any worry.

Also as others have said, use the wheat beer yeast (strain wb-06 i guess?) and dry hop the Hallertau once your SG drops below 1015 or so (or on about day 5 - 6). Around 15 - 20g should do it, it is a noble hop so it's very traditional hop for wheat beers. A good hop choice there and will give your beer a nice nose.

I hope this has been helpful and it turns out well for you sir.

Latest posts

Back