Coopers getting in on the game of daft brewing machines?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
Just got a mysterious email from Coopers with not much information other than "Click to discover"

http://brewart.com/

Looks like a daft brewing machine.

depending on the price it might be alright for a small experimental batches etc. but being sold via Harvey norman I doubt the price will be that best.

I'm still struggling to see who these type of devices are aimed at. I'm sure, given the right price, that some people who are into kitchen gadgets like breadmakers and sodastreams etc. will buy them but I just feel like a beer making device isn't in the same market as breadmakers, particularly considering the price of these devices.

Maybe I'm not "thinking outside the box" enough. I suppose decent coffee machines cost upwards of $500, perhaps it isn't too much of a stretch for someone who's got a passing interest in beer and a bunch of spare cash to buy one of these devices. Perhaps a 5-10L capacity is ideal for those sort of people. You chuck your ingredients in, press a button, monitor it on your iPhone and a week later you've got beer. Then you're left disappointed, as you are when you make a Sodastream Cola drink. Then it gathers dust.

welly2 said:
I'm still struggling to see who these type of devices are aimed at. I'm sure, given the right price, that some people who are into kitchen gadgets like breadmakers and sodastreams etc. will buy them but I just feel like a beer making device isn't in the same market as breadmakers, particularly considering the price of these devices.

Maybe I'm not "thinking outside the box" enough. I suppose decent coffee machines cost upwards of $500, perhaps it isn't too much of a stretch for someone who's got a passing interest in beer and a bunch of spare cash to buy one of these devices. Perhaps a 5-10L capacity is ideal for those sort of people. You chuck your ingredients in, press a button, monitor it on your iPhone and a week later you've got beer. Then you're left disappointed, as you are when you make a Sodastream Cola drink. Then it gathers dust.
Why would you be left disappointed? If it made good beer it wouldn't be left gathering dust. Let's just see how it pans out.

Agree in letting it pan out but horses for courses, it's not for a session drinking. With this system I'd say 10 litres or 5 is for those that drink perhaps one or two at a time and when finished are prepared to wait 10 days plus for the next batch. However the unit may be great for real experimentation where you only want one now and again. ( have 6 units for continuous pig outs, ha)

For me I'd say the price would push me towards using that money (if freely available) on a lot of other things brewing or otherwise.

jackgym said:
Why would you be left disappointed? If it made good beer it wouldn't be left gathering dust. Let's just see how it pans out.
Mainly because I suspect these devices and similar devices won't make good beer. Of course, I've got nothing whatsoever to back up that assertion. It's just me making unfounded accusations. It might make amazing beer, but I doubt it (again, no good reason for my doubt but y'know).

Fed this on facebook whats the cost to advertise on facebook.

4 or 5 of them would suit those WW fanbois to keep a production run going of other than kit beers...

"The BeerDroid brews 10 litres of beer at the push of a button, while the BrewFlo dispenses fully carbonated beer with a frothy head without the use of CO2"

I'll be keen to hear how they carbonate (a process involving carbon dioxide) without the use of carbon dioxide.

oh the beer and brewer article has the price.

The BrewArt BeerDroid retails for $799 and the BrewFlo for $699.
BrewDroid looks like it makes 10L and the BrewFlow looks like it dispenses from the 5L kegs. For a person into craft beer with a bit of spare change you could get the set and not be without beer long.

All I can say to the pricing is fu............................k. And then there is the ingredients!

Seems like a lot of cash to spend on beer. Might aswell just go buy cartons of swill. Maybe its for the pancake mix style. It'd be bloody cheaper and easier to go kits.

TheWiggman said:
"The BeerDroid brews 10 litres of beer at the push of a button, while the BrewFlo dispenses fully carbonated beer with a frothy head without the use of CO2"

I'll be keen to hear how they carbonate (a process involving carbon dioxide) without the use of carbon dioxide.
Carbon dioxide could be collected with a small compressor stored and reused.

It sure looks cool though...

My 2c. They're trying to make homebrew go mainstream, which is very powerful if they succeed. If they can make brewing quality beer as easy and convenient as cooking dinner, there's the potential for yet another revolution in the way beer is produced - disrupting the beer giants. I'd love to be one of the guys selling shovels (beer machines) when that gold rush begins. Meanwhile I'd also love to live in a world where brewing great beer doesn't have to take half a day. A man can dream.

All this said, I'm still skeptical about whether they will produce decent tasting beer.

Michael Burton said:
All this said, I'm still skeptical about whether they will produce decent tasting beer.
You should read the K&K thread :lol:

Latest posts

Back