Coopers getting in on the game of daft brewing machines?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whlist everybody is knocking these machines, I am eagerly awaiting the release. I am going to buy one, take it home and never unbox it. I will keep it under the stairs for 40 years. I will then bequeath it to one of my grandkids. He / she will make a fortune selling it on the futuristic EBay store......listed under the "over marketed and weird machines that were made for wankers too lazy to learn how to do something worthwhile" category. It will be the only remaining machine. All the others will be jettisoned down the local gully after the turkeys that bought them realised they were a waste of good money.

Go ahead, knock all you like. Buying opportunity exists for the long term thinker. Anthony

Now, if only I could stump up the $8k needed for one of those WW machines. Damn, another long term play.

And if you don't keg or bottle the results don't you need the other expensive machine to chill and pour 5 litres? What do you the do with the other 5?, leave it in the brew machine until needed? (thus can't make another brew), pay out for another 5 litre keg?
Then again if you have the money, don't drink much and don't offer to anyone, probably ok?
AJS2154 said:
Now, if only I could stump up the $8k needed for one of those WW machines. Damn, another long term play.

http://www.applianceretailer.com.au/2016/06/harvey-norman-launch-coopers-beer-machine/#.V3Hn_fl96Ch

Costs $1,500 for both machines, and a 10L beer making pack is $45. That's maybe a $15 saving over buying a carton (8L to 9L) at Dan's assuming you ignore other running costs. They appear to be temperature controlled.

I'm not a fan of these machines in general, but I can see the appeal if it works, is a simple as it sounds, it cleans itself/is easy clean, and the beer packs are decent quality. Reckon HN will be selling a shed load at Christmas, particularly as it seems you can buy the brewing machine for $800 and add the dispense unit later. Most will no doubt end up gathering dust once the initial excitement is over

It just looks so sexy. Custom backlit LCD screen, curvy textured injection moulded plastics. Just as soon as I can get a chip injected into my brain that makes K&K beers taste good I'll be buying one!

Haha. I'm trying to imagine where they're going to get lists of fantastic reviews from to help sell the product.

Defenately not home brew forums! :lol:

The BrewArt system comes with a range of BrewPrints (RRP $44.95)
Fark me.... $44.95 for a box of black shiny ingredients to make only 10 litres

TheWiggman said:
It's analogous to coffee. For years people have been using Blend 43 (K&K) then affordable grinders and espresso machines hit mainstream (AG). There's a disparity between the two options - spend the money and go hard, or take the easy low cost option.
This machine looks like it's hitting the coffee pod market. Priced in between the two options for those who don't mind spending a bit extra for the better quality, but can't be bothered with the full kit and caboodle. It's also a flashy looking machine that takes its place on the kitchen bench to make an aesthetic statement.
Blurb -

BrewArt marketing manager, Scott Harris, said that the BrewArt system was designed specifically for modern lifestyles.
“Just as people like to make their own barista quality coffee at home, now they can make their own pub quality beer,” Harris said.
“We have focused on style as well as function so that every design feature adds to the experience of ‘crafting your masterpiece’.”

I'm considering a career change to marketing, hopefully pays better than posting anonymously on the internet. Would also suit my modern lifestyle (whatever that is).

It does look good actually. But I'd prefer to brew better than the usual pub offerings.

Like a coffee pod machine and a bread machine.
Actually the bread machine could do with a revamp into the Bakery Machine. Throw in a sachet and choose sausage roll, cream bun, sourdough whatever,,,,

What they need to invent is a machine that you chuck some ingredients in at breakfast time and when you get home you have a couple of litres of beer ready to drink.
**** this waiting a week business.

pcmfisher said:
What they need to invent is a machine that you chuck some ingredients in at breakfast time and when you get home you have a couple of litres of beer ready to drink.
**** this waiting a week business.
In Queensland we have a machine called a FRIDGE that does this very same job...

Bribie G said:
Coopers are way off track here.
A good idea would be to bring out a system where we could enjoy their beer at home, on tap like you get it at the pub.

It would involve big PET containers of Coopers brands that you could buy from bottle shops and serve from a device with a tap that would fit in your fridge. Then............................
I believe it could could be a major coup for Coopers to repurpose ALL those Tap King units, that Tooheys has paid people to take, and create a new market for Coopers products.

They could certainly stick it to the big boys, and charge/offer a 50c recycling fee on new 3 litre bottles.

Coopers? You reading this?

I'd be interested in some Pale, Sparkling, Stout or Dark ale. Even some occasional amounts of Coopers Clear, PIls or mild for BBQs/ladies/ other friends.

I'm supportive of having Vanilla Ice being their front man, but would prefer John Safran and his rap band, Raspberry Cordial, for local content

Les the Weizguy said:
I believe it could could be a major coup for Coopers to repurpose ALL those Tap King units, that Tooheys has paid people to take, and create a new market for Coopers products.

They could certainly stick it to the big boys, and charge/offer a 50c recycling fee on new 3 litre bottles.

Coopers? You reading this?

I'd be interested in some Pale, Sparkling, Stout or Dark ale. Even some occasional amounts of Coopers Clear, PIls or mild for BBQs/ladies/ other friends.

I'm supportive of having Vanilla Ice being their front man, but would prefer John Safran and his rap band, Raspberry Cordial, for local content
Yeah! And if you (Coopers) need help with the packaging line (assuming you can buy it from Lion), I may know someone who helped put it in originally :ph34r:

More detailed video on the system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYYUl5V64RI

Looks like the avoid using CO2 by having a goon bag in a bottle like those funky euro kegs. Assuming they are fermenting under pressure, how do they ensure no co2 is lost during kegging?

Good on em, and anyone else who moves home brewing forward (some may think backwards!). Bugger what the traditionalists say; If this introduces others to the craft of home brewing its gotta be a positive. Sure not for everyone but we all gotta start somewhere. Why not with a well know company.
Cheers
Elz

At least they are adhering to the reinheitsgebot by only using elements, enhancers, hops and yeast.

while the cost per brew is huge, and its not all grain, and all those other complaints

Thats a pretty impressive setup for someone who just wants a toy to tinker with. People spend much more on plenty of other useless things, at least this one makes beer :)

The price may be high so they can discount who buys bottles cola at the supermarket at full price even when its half priced is expensive.

Latest posts

Back