Converting U.S threaded regulator to Aussie?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfWit

Reaction score
Hi, I have a US double regulator that I want to adapt to fit the Keg King style bottles. Is there any adapters on the market that will do this?

No there is no adapter, but, try searching as there was a thread here about it and someone had posted a link to a retailer who had the just the coupling nut for sale, which is what you want.

I searched high and low for a solution a few months back, as we'd love to bring the Blichmann gas gear in. Couldn't find anything.

Be keen to know if you find something that works.

Seriously LOL.....

Turns out I was the one who posted the link to http://www.gasapps.com/envspares.html, part number 737014 or about 2/3 the way down the page. No prices, but contact details all in the header of the page and they do specify only available through BOC outlets, which a quick search shows one nut $45!!!!! What a rip off.

Surely one of the retailers with China contacts could get them made up for less than a buck and sell them for $10?

Co2 one half BSP RH.png

Cheers

fraser_john said:
Seriously LOL.....

Turns out I was the one who posted the link to http://www.gasapps.com/envspares.html, part number 737014 or about 2/3 the way down the page. No prices, but contact details all in the header of the page and they do specify only available through BOC outlets, which a quick search shows one nut $45!!!!! What a rip off.

Surely one of the retailers with China contacts could get them made up for less than a buck and sell them for $10?

attachicon.gif
Co2 one half BSP RH.png

Cheers
Hmmm
Note to self, I need to hurry up and pick up my lathe from my parents place so I can start making custom parts like this as a side business...

sp0rk said:
Hmmm
Note to self, I need to hurry up and pick up my lathe from my parents place so I can start making custom parts like this as a side business...
You could do a bit of business making adaptors for Benzomatic cylinder regulators to fit the new Bunnings/Oxyturbo cylinder. Hell, you could probably get them done in China and sell them to Bunnings.

sp0rk said:
Hmmm
Tony and I bought some nitro gear from the USA and in order to fit the regulator to the Aussie BOC nitro bottles he had a couple of brass adaptors made by a light engineering mob in the Hunter somewhere. I forget how much, maybe $29..
If you are handy at the lathe I expect there would be some interest.

Just check if the regulator is left hand thread or right hand thread and confirm this will match.

Thanks tavas, I checked and unfortunately the thread on my Taprite regulator is clockwise to unscrew!!

depends how desperate you are, and how ugly you mind it looking.

a left x right 1/4 nipple is available, here's one place but i'm sure i've seen them elsewhere.

you'd just have to then turn the 1/4 rh male into a 1/4 rh female for the keg king nut/stem to screw into.

it'd end up being Reg - 1/4 Male Left Nipple x 1/4 Male Right Nipple - 1/4 x 1/4 socket - Keg king stem and nut.

Thanks printed form section, I will be looking into this option.

I bought a smashed reg from the bargain bin at Keg King and scavenged the coupler>1/4NPT adapter and then attached that to my existing reg. You may be able to find broken regs from various welding or tool stores.

Latest posts

Back