Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep brass monkey weather sux! Though keep 2 brews at cc is costing me not a cent, I really want them in kegs god dammit! Then I can brew a nice IPA and an amber something.

Was on call for the week (responsible for leading any mechanical issue on site) and had only one phone call on the weekend. Wednesdays are the start of the new on-call week. I thought I'd made it through, only had last night to go. 6:30 PM I get a call, I came in and lo and behold something important has fairly well crapped itself making for a pretty long night and early morning. Head hit the pillow a little before 2 AM, then it's back to work later in the morning. Serves me right for having confident thoughts.
Thankfully I'm not on call now so out of principle I'm going to hit a few beers tonight.

838f15b0b39ab83f292eb81d2a1a7422.jpg

So, when I say pond...
It's an open cut mine with a dredge and floating concentrator, probably 15 metres deep with silt taking the bottom 2-3 metres haha, she's gone!
You're doing gravity separation - wait for it to come out on the spirals

$79 parking fine in an almost empty car park for going one hour over the signed limit. Yes... limits are limits, but due to the constant full capacity of the station car park, in a train station that is third last before the line terminates, sometimes one must park near a supermarket where ample parking would be lucky to reach 20% capacity on any given day.

Local councils love a good old revenue raise. There goes todays wage. (part time work, full time uni).

Time for some Session Harvest Ale, AHB and finals footy.

I think I got a speeding fine today well past the school I thought then there it is, the wagon cam. Then looked up to see I may not have past into that 60k zone. So its a $$$ fine and broken years of demerit points clean driving for doing um, 43 kph. o_O

I think I got a speeding fine today well past the school I thought then there it is, the wagon cam. Then looked up to see I may not have past into that 60k zone. So its a $$$ fine and broken years of demerit points clean driving for doing um, 43 kph. o_O

If you haven't had an offence in several years and were doing within 14KM of the speed limit, you can apply for an 'offical warning'. In the letter you need to admit fault and say you thought you were doing the correct speed and since have checked and realised you were wrong. Increases your chances of getting out of it. Good luck!

Yeah I know. If I get the fine I will therefore commit to jumping through their hoops with crossed fingers. :rolleyes:
Or just pay the fine. I'm not sure what is easier.

Also check you local laws. In qld they cant set up the flash for cash within 300m of the change of speed sign on a decrease and 150m of an increase. Not sure if school zones are an exception but.

slow leak around tap on IPA cube iso propyl alcohol before you get really sad - lost about 15 liters just over the last 6 or so months.
Just noticed now, got maybe 500ml left.
makes a real good sanitizer for stainless/cleaner. argh!

$79 parking fine in an almost empty car park for going one hour over the signed limit. Yes... limits are limits, but due to the constant full capacity of the station car park, in a train station that is third last before the line terminates, sometimes one must park near a supermarket where ample parking would be lucky to reach 20% capacity on any given day.

Local councils love a good old revenue raise. There goes todays wage. (part time work, full time uni).

Time for some Session Harvest Ale, AHB and finals footy.

This is whay its always good to use other peoples cars...even if they dont know you "borrowed" it

Bastids. We recently finished the twin towers in Box Hill but while we were working there they changed the whitehorse/surrey rd red light camera to a speed camera that drops to 40kph during school times. We were starting early and so would be driving home around 2:30pm, almost an hour before the kiddies get out. Everyone of us that drove home in that direction got done for being a few kms over 40. Heck, one bloke got done 3 times.
Absolute revenue raiser that one. In it's first month it netted hundreds of thousands of dollars and became one of the highest grossers in the area. Seriously, my barge needs to gain 10kph just to shift gears. Bastids.

Bastids. We recently finished the twin towers in Box Hill but while we were working there they changed the whitehorse/surrey rd red light camera to a speed camera that drops to 40kph during school times. We were starting early and so would be driving home around 2:30pm, almost an hour before the kiddies get out. Everyone of us that drove home in that direction got done for being a few kms over 40. Heck, one bloke got done 3 times.
Absolute revenue raiser that one. In it's first month it netted hundreds of thousands of dollars and became one of the highest grossers in the area. Seriously, my barge needs to gain 10kph just to shift gears. Bastids.
I know it makes me so cynical. There's an intersection near my place that collects 24/7, collects and collects millions of dollars off normal sensible drivers for driving perfectly safely. Then I stopped hard at the offending intersection to see this maniac blow through the red light, 60k intersection at 90+kph and the friggen camera did not flash!!! grrrrrr. It seems the cams are designed more to collect money off sensible drivers than to actually catch a serious real offender. :mad:

Last edited:
I know it makes me so cynical. There's an intersection near my place that collects 24/7, collects and collects millions of dollars off normal sensible drivers for driving perfectly safely. Then I stopped hard at the offending intersection to see this maniac blow through the red light, 60k intersection at 90+kph and the friggen camera did not flash!!! grrrrrr. It seems the cams are designed more to collect money off sensible drivers than to actually catch a serious real offender. :mad:
defoam%281%29.jpg
Expanding foam but i think they would now have improve the design .

The bane of my life is upon me again, I absolutely hate the annual hard rubbish pick up, throughout the year I get rid of my rubbish through the recycling bins or taking any metal down to the scrap yard giving me a chance to see what stainless steel they have lying around. I have learned to keep a little rubbish back for this day tucked away out of sight, but it is never enough to appease my wife who seems to want the biggest pile in the street to prove we are not hoarders.
She takes stuff out, I bring it back, we rarely argue but she just doesn't know what is useful, then there is the constant stream of pickers, they think I lay everything out neatly for them to rummage through it, and leave it in a mess.
The Christmas tree that has served us loyally for the last 10 years is lying out there, looks like I will be forking out for a new one of those this year. Either that or convince my wife we are going to celebrate Festivus and just get an aluminium pole.

I remember putting an old bbq out on the footpath a few years ago. It was stripped of parts by 3 separate people over the space of a few hours. One took the burners, another the hot plates, then somebody got the wheels. All that was left was a carcass... it reminded me of a bit of roadkill

The hard rubbish pick up seems to get more restrictions every year to what you can leave out on the foot path .

Latest posts

Back