Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we should be thankful and celebrate that Australia was colonised by the British, would be in a right state of affairs had it been either Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch or French. Imagine trying to learn one of those languages, at least the English language is easy.

Or 'this ******* language'.

Maybe we should be thankful and celebrate that Australia was colonised by the British, would be in a right state of affairs had it been either Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch or French. Imagine trying to learn one of those languages, at least the English language is easy.

Actually...English is the hardest language to learn.

He saw a saw that gave him a sore knee

Hey you there, over there, their not yours

If English is easy to learn, why are such a large proportion of native speakers so shithouse at using it?

Oh, thats easy. Its the country where you were born. For example, I'm native to Australia. My ancestors were natives of Nordic and northern Europe.

A native Australian English speaker? Sounds good to me, I'll go along with that.

Boo!!
IOC and copyright. Fuggen un Australian.

Untitled_zps1pord7px.png

Oh, thats easy. Its the country where you were born. For example, I'm native to Australia. My ancestors were natives of Nordic and northern Europe.
In this context, it refers to anyone whose native language is English.

In this context, it refers to anyone whose native language is English.

Hmm not sure. My DNA is Nordic and my people lived in Wales (spoke Welsh) and English for a few hundred years. I was born in NZ and grew up in Australia. The nation with highest proportion of my DNA is now Finland.

Should I speak some kind of pigeon Old Norse, Maori, Australian English, Wiradjuri, Welsh, Finnish?

Latest posts

Back