Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave70 said:
37.7deg - down tools..​proceed directly to pub.
Sorry, forgot the addendum. Straight from the CEPU handbook. Inside the back cover. Written in texta.

Our Unions as weak as piss. I pulled out and having more success on my own.

I have a pretty wide ranged personal thermostat. Can handle the cold without a jumper or the stinking heat with one. Doesnt seem to worry me like others. When there is wind involved in below zero temps, well that's where i run for the fire and jumpers.

peekaboo_jones said:
No wonder smokers get a bad reputation.
This last 12 months I've seen an increase in people not giving a shit about common courtesy.

Frequently I have to wade through smokers puffing away right at the base stairs at one train station on the way to work and on the way home. Yes it's a public footpath on the outside but really? Come on do it 10-15m away from the entrance.

More often I'm seeing guys and gals having a good ol puff standing in a group of people waiting to cross the road.
Not pleasant that's for sure.

Another few times I've seen this one lady puff away whilst sitting in a bus shelter waiting whilst there were a couple of people around too.

Yes these places are public and no laws but where is the courtesy these days?

I'm over it
Just stand next to them and drop the most heinous fart you can muster......

Cheers,
RB

Dave70 said:
37.7deg - down tools..
50+ doing reo rods for a concrete pour,leather gloves and rags to hold them.
So hot a cup of tea was better than a beer.

shaunous said:
Our Unions as weak as piss. I pulled out and having more success on my own.
I have a pretty wide ranged personal thermostat. Can handle the cold without a jumper or the stinking heat with one. Doesnt seem to worry me like others. When there is wind involved in below zero temps, well that's where i run for the fire and jumpers.
I worked with a chippy who spent time in Antartica i would be freezing my arse off at work and he was in shorts and a short sleeved shirt.
" this isnt cold" was his claim.

Fraser's BRB said:
The price to renew a passport, $254! As if living here wasn't expensive enough, they want to really spank you for having a short break away as well.

That also doesn't include the photos, that will be another $18 thanks for coming!
Don't forget that your new passport is valid for 10 years, that's only $25.40 per year. Fixed, guaranteed no price increase for the next 10 years! Bargain!

In 2026, after lots of memorable holidays, you'll be laughing at yourself for getting upset about the little price you paid to be able to have those memories, with the piece of mind of always being able to call on the local Aussie embassy or consulate if something should unexpectedly go wrong.
That's worth a lot these days and should not be underestimated!

Florian said:
Don't forget that your new passport is valid for 10 years, that's only $25.40 per year. Fixed, guaranteed no price increase for the next 10 years! Bargain!

In 2026, after lots of memorable holidays, you'll be laughing at yourself for getting upset about the little price you paid to be able to have those memories, with the piece of mind of always being able to call on the local Aussie embassy or consulate if something should unexpectedly go wrong.
no, will be crying because the next one will be triple the cost

one of the easiest ways for gov. to make money

Florian said:

Good in theory, however I know when I got my last passport it got 4 international trips and that was before wife and kid. The young fella is 3 now, so I can't see too many more in the next 10 years either, just can't afford to put three of us overseas too often. As it is this trip is only really happening because friends are getting married OS and we had over 12 months notice.

Farkin SSD died last night while I was in the middle of AutoCad-ing some stuff for my new brew rig
Blue screened, came back and worked again but was freezing a minute or 2 after booting, then just disappeared completely from the BIOS
Lucky it was only a 120gb and I only had windows and some programs on it
The PC shop in Scone thankfully has a 240gb in stock, so she'll be big enough to dual boot Windows and Debian :beerbang:

Ducatiboy stu said:
Straight Debian...**** windows
Haven't yet worked out how to run brewmate in linux (ubuntu). 'doze doesn't get used for anything else these days (used to play games, but then kids... faarrk: game over man, game over).

Was getting the young fella's knee Xray'd this morning, ( due to his perceived ability and actual ability at the BMX track last night) there was, sitting right next do a million dollar digital Xray machine was a PC runing good old XP

Ducatiboy stu said:
Was getting the young fella's knee Xray'd this morning, ( due to his perceived ability and actual ability at the BMX track last night) there was, sitting right next do a million dollar digital Xray machine was a PC runing good old XP
We have a machine for an old school endoscope at work that runs 98

Just got back to work and read the reviews for this SSD (Crucial BX200) are terrible :( (they didn't tell me what brand it was when I called earlier)
So I returned it, but luckily found a group buy on eBay for a Samsung 740 Evo 500gb, $160 down from $200

The boss is back at work mid next week, he's been on happy Ta Ta leave ( holidays) for 5 weeks.
Ahh ****,it's been so peaceful......

Back