Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't need cctv in mosques. There are already afp and ASIO agents in deep cover watching them.

shaunous said:
So for someone who isnt following politics to closely. What does it mean for Pauline to get that many seats? Will she have enough power to stop progress? Will the others have to adopt anything of hers? (I dont mind her only getting benefits for your first child and none born afterwards policy) Or can they basically ignore her somewhat?

Please Explain!
She'll simply be irrelevant in the parliament. All the other pollies know she represents a small & extreme minority that is diametrically opposed to to general philosophy of most of the rest of the population. It'll be political suicide to garner support from her. So neither the LNP nor the ALP are likely to have anything to do with her.
So she'll just sit in the corner ranting and raving.
Achieving nothing.
Just spewing forth more ignorant, polarizing poison.

Hopefully she'll be decent at representing her local electorate in more local issues - outside racism and ignorance, of course.
And maybe a few more fish n chip shops in Canberra.

technobabble66 said:
She'll simply be irrelevant in the parliament. All the other pollies know she represents a small & extreme minority that is diametrically opposed to to general philosophy of most of the rest of the population. It'll be political suicide to garner support from her. So neither the LNP nor the ALP are likely to have anything to do with her.
Achieving nothing.

Hopefully she'll be decent at representing her local electorate in more local issues - outside racism and ignorance, of course.

So they can just ignore her and don't need to win her over to help them get their own policies over. Well that's something...

Rant Time.

Banning Greyhound racing in NSW and ACT as of July 2017. But, with a 7 day total ban starting today. Yesterday our week long Greyhound race carnival started, one of the best in Australia. People camped and in motels and houses all around town, coming from every state of Aus, and they've all gotta pack up and go home, or get drunk for a week doing nothing. Another pull the trigger moment like the live cattle trade, except this time it was funnily enough the Liberals Mike Baird (Yeh the guy who sold all the poles and wires to private and said electricity will go down, well mine has just gone up nearly 40%, and a state average of 10% increase).
Instead of fixing an industry who makes millions for the state, they shut it down overnight with no warning.
There will be court cases to the hills against it and we as tax payers will have to pay them a shitload in settlements, much like the live trade closure has cost us/costing us. No doubt there is bad eggs out there being cruel to Greyhounds, but why shut down an entire Industry overnight instead of attempting to fix it. May have something to do with Sydneys greyhound tracks locations and being own by the state, Hello Developers.

Rant Over.

Surely you guys north of the border are going to get rid of this wanker once and for all?? Given we don't get much coverage of his antics down here but first he tries to close Sydney after dark, and now this...

technobabble66 said:
Achieving nothing.

Plus she wants to increase our already burgeoning welfare bill by giving the pensioners $100 a fortnight more!

@ the greyhound thing, yeah it's a pretty shitty way of going in that direction, & v parallel to the way the ban on live exports was executed.
However .... I'd suggest the people you really should be getting shitty with are the various board members of greyhound racing associations - namely the state and national ones. Those lazy, morally-questionable ostriches have just ignored the problems that have resulted in the premier's draconian decision. If they had've moved at least a bit on eliminating the few scumbags that do live animal baiting and devised something a bit more palatable for retired dogs it may never have come to this.
I don't really care much for horse or dog racing - take it or leave it - but I'd certainly agree Baird has right royally screwed the pooch on this.
But the guys in charge of it all have seemingly done very little on those 2 major issues that plague the reputation of the industry. I think you'll find the government bodies and public interest groups (rspca etc) have been asking/requesting action for years. So whether you see it as Baird picking some low hanging populist fruit or having his hand forced by stubborn inactivity, the first port of call for responsibility should be those board members. Spend some time screaming at them in between screaming at Baird.

Otherwise, commiserations for having Baird as your premier.

... Just out of interest, has he made a bonfire out of $1.6Billion? Or fucked over the CFA as well?
If not, he's not really trying.

Apologies for the OT - I'm still angry about our wasted 1.6B

shaunous said:
Rant Time.

Banning Greyhound racing in NSW and ACT as of July 2017. But, with a 7 day total ban starting today. Yesterday our week long Greyhound race carnival started, one of the best in Australia. People camped and in motels and houses all around town, coming from every state of Aus, and they've all gotta pack up and go home, or get drunk for a week doing nothing. Another pull the trigger moment like the live cattle trade, except this time it was funnily enough the Liberals Mike Baird (Yeh the guy who sold all the poles and wires to private and said electricity will go down, well mine has just gone up nearly 40%, and a state average of 10% increase).
Instead of fixing an industry who makes millions for the state, they shut it down overnight with no warning.
There will be court cases to the hills against it and we as tax payers will have to pay them a shitload in settlements, much like the live trade closure has cost us/costing us. No doubt there is bad eggs out there being cruel to Greyhounds, but why shut down an entire Industry overnight instead of attempting to fix it. May have something to do with Sydneys greyhound tracks locations and being own by the state, Hello Developers.

Rant Over.
He made a point of saying that would NOT happen. Over and over. Then a promise.

You know on those cop shows where suspect is sat down at the interview table and instantly blurts out something like 'look, all I did was rob the joint, I didn't kill anybody'
Then the cop turns around and says 'who said anything about a murder'?'

Techno totally agree re the east west link, what I load of crap that was.

Trouble is, we're too bluudy apathetic ingeneral to be traken serious by our pollies...a few instances of the general popul;ace downing tools and every bloody thing else and hitting the streets ion foot until they take notice and do something.

Yeah, I know, dream on, eh.

The price to renew a passport, $254! As if living here wasn't expensive enough, they want to really spank you for having a short break away as well.

That also doesn't include the photos, that will be another $18 thanks for coming!

Fraser's BRB said:
The price to renew a passport, $254! As if living here wasn't expensive enough, they want to really spank you for having a short break away as well.

That also doesn't include the photos, that will be another $18 thanks for coming!
nothing stopping you doing your own photos..

Ive used this site before, taken our own in front of a white sheet, a quick auto correct in photo app, and a 15c 6x4 print from big-w
https://www.epassportphoto.com/

SBOB said:
nothing stopping you doing your own photos..
Ive used this site before, taken our own in front of a white sheet, a quick auto correct in photo app, and a 15c 6x4 print from big-w
https://www.epassportphoto.com/
Yeah, I'm lazy and somewhat technically inept in that department, so I'll wear the $18, it just seems like insult to injury on top of the massive renewal fee.

Fraser's BRB said:

Thanks for being a citizen, going O S then coming back to your home so you can pay tax to get back in....

**** me it was cold today.....didnt get above 14* all day.... and stupid me was in the workshop amongst it...

pay pay scale does not include freezing your **** off in a cold workshop

But then I went to the pub and had a few beers and watched all the drunk chicks coming back from the races into the pub....was worth a it

No wonder smokers get a bad reputation.
This last 12 months I've seen an increase in people not giving a shit about common courtesy.

Frequently I have to wade through smokers puffing away right at the base stairs at one train station on the way to work and on the way home. Yes it's a public footpath on the outside but really? Come on do it 10-15m away from the entrance.

More often I'm seeing guys and gals having a good ol puff standing in a group of people waiting to cross the road.
Not pleasant that's for sure.

Another few times I've seen this one lady puff away whilst sitting in a bus shelter waiting whilst there were a couple of people around too.

Yes these places are public and no laws but where is the courtesy these days?

I'm over it

Ducatiboy stu said:
**** me it was cold today.....didnt get above 14* all day.... and stupid me was in the workshop amongst it...

pay pay scale does not include freezing your **** off in a cold workshop

But then I went to the pub and had a few beers and watched all the drunk chicks coming back from the races into the pub....was worth a it
14? My workshop used to get to about 2 until I had the open vented windows replaced, got a couple of decent heaters and some heated jackets for myself and staff.

If it was a minimum of 14, I wouldn't have bothered. Physical work at that temp is fine I reckon.
Still my workshop also won't hit anything above 28 in summer probably so swings and roundabouts.

manticle said:
Still my workshop also won't hit anything above 28 in summer probably so swings and roundabouts.
Yes, well, not uncommon to see 40+ regularly in summer here

Latest posts

Back