Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sp0rk said:
We have a machine for an old school endoscope at work that runs 98

Just got back to work and read the reviews for this SSD (Crucial BX200) are terrible :( (they didn't tell me what brand it was when I called earlier)
So I returned it, but luckily found a group buy on eBay for a Samsung 740 Evo 500gb, $160 down from $200
How bad are SSD or is it the brand.

That specific model apparently has performance on par with an average HDD, all of Crucial's other drives are fairly good from what I've read.
The SSD I had in my PC was in a mate's PC for probably 3 or 4 years, then I had it in mine for 2 or 3 years, so it had a decent life.

Who else is going to run the simpsons where right about the two part system.

technobabble66 said:
Trump is just accepting the formal nomination for the Presidency.

Thank God someone of intelligence, ability and integrity is going to be the President!!
Absolutely.
I hear he also does an hilarious blackface impersonation when not mocking the disabled. He's a class act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX9reO3QnUA

technobabble66 said:
Was my sarcasm that obvious??
I thought I'd get one or 2 outraged responses first. No fun!
As the Donald's official vicar-in-chief in Australia I was about to recognize (note the correct spelling) you as ambassador to the US, but since you were being sarcastic (like Dear Leader Trump, I have no sense of humor), I've put you on the list of people in need of reeducation.

Several months ago, we bought a new smart TV. A Hitachi 50" LED to be more precise. There was a new model out, so the old model had $500 knocked off, we were in the market, price was right, Robert's your mother's brother. Happy days.

When I bought the TV, I was not considering Netflix, now I am. Guess which TV supports Netflix in a whole bunch of countries but not Australia?

Now, I'm far from a tech guru, however, one would think that any modern, so called "Smart TV" should be able to at least install the app to play Netflix even if it didn't come pre-loaded. Apparently not, we're just third world enough for that not to be supported in our region.

I know there are other options, I can run if from a tablet or laptop and "mirracast" it to the TV, I could buy a set-top box, etc, but that's not the point! It's 2016, did we lose a war?! First world problems.

try contacting who you got it from and asking where you stand re not being able to get Netflix etc on it.
Worth a try at least .
Yeah in this day and age I'd be a pissed off if I had to " add" to it to get what I would have honestly expected.

Jimmy Fallon does a slightly decent impersonation.

But yeah, no one's really stepped up to RWs level of sharp zany wit recently.

Still, this gold mine will keep producing for a few more months at least. Hell, maybe even for 4 more years [emoji51]
Plenty of time for a comedian or 2 to shine forth!

technobabble66 said:
Still, this gold mine will keep producing for a few more months at least. Hell, maybe even for 4 more years [emoji51]
Plenty of time for a comedian or 2 to be taken out back and shot!
FTFY

Gosh, someone forgot to order the nespresso pods at work!
Now I've gotta drink instant like a bloody pleb

I worked at a gold mine which, let me tell you, did not struggle to support itself. We had a communal commercial Nespresso unit which pumped out significantly better coffee than Blend 43 (as most coffee machines do).
Speed bump 1 - it was in an admin's office and she was struggling to get work done because every man and his dog would want t strike up conversation while they were making a coffee. It was relocated to the centre of the building.
Speed bump 2 - even though admin 1's office didn't move, she reported to a different manager who didn't like the fact she was spending 30 mins a day (max) looking after the machine. The job got palmed off to a team of 2 admin girls under a different manager
Speed bump 3 - new custodians complained about having to look after the coffee machine cleaning because it "wasn't their job" and so to keep everyone happy, their direct report told them to make up a roster for users of the machine or it would be removed.
Speed bump 4 - users included engineers, geotechnicians, accountants and generally highly qualified people. We drank the stuff anyway so provided I could get my 2 PM coffee, I gave not a shit and like the rest of us complied. Money well spent.
Speed bump 5 - contractors worked out that the machine was there. They were using it more than the staff and pods/discs were disappearing. Stock ran low. To counter the absolute time-suck and inconvenience of ordering (note font) the admin girl limited the number of pods allowed to be stocked per day. A message was sent out saying contractors weren't allowed to use it any more.

Final straw - Staff folk kept asking for more pods as even though contractors stopped using it as much, the admin girl was still limiting access to pods because it didn't fit in with the ordering cycle. She saw the GM, stated it was costing a fortune, and a business initiative was put forth.
Nespresso machine gone, pay-per-cup machine installed in the tearoom for staff and contractors.

Should have ranted about that when it happened but yeah, **** that.

Latest posts

Back