Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mouth (quite often) moves faster than my brain, and that's worth a rant right there. But recently I started a little science rant, realised too late, wrong time wrong place.

My uncle passed away last year and I got the opportunity to catch up with my aunt earlier this year. We were looking at the stars one evening -

Aunty - 'That bright star is him looking down at us.'
Me - 'Well, that's actually Venus. It's not a star, it's a planet.'
Aunty - *blank look*
Me, thinking she doesn't understand - 'Its bright because it has such a dense atmosphere....'

Science 1
Grieving Aunty 0

Foxy74 said:
My mouth (quite often) moves faster than my brain, and that's worth a rant right there. But recently I started a little science rant, realised too late, wrong time wrong place.

My uncle passed away last year and I got the opportunity to catch up with my aunt earlier this year. We were looking at the stars one evening -

Aunty - 'That bright star is him looking down at us.'
Me - 'Well, that's actually Venus. It's not a star, it's a planet.'
Aunty - *blank look*
Me, thinking she doesn't understand - 'Its bright because it has such a dense atmosphere....'

Science 1
Grieving Aunty 0
Actually, its bright because it has a high albedo. Its not the denseness of the atmosphere but its composition that makes it so reflective.

Bodies can have a high albedo and therefore be very bright (relative to size and distance) with no atmosphere at all. Enceladus (moon of Saturn) has the highest known albedo (.99) of any solar system body but no atmosphere at all.

HBHB said:
Ignorant prats with beat up old cars that can't give a shit in carparks. Swing that door open as hard as they can and wham! Another ding. Challenged one and all you get is a blank stare and nobody's home up top. Numpty's.
I pulled into a car pak and the car in front of me had backed in. I have a Nissan navara dual cab ute so its quite long and I had to pull up really close to the back of this car so my arse end wasnt sticking out too far.

When I get back there is a note on my windscreen saying "next time how about you leave some room so I can get to my boot"

What the ****, next time if you want to get to your boot pull in forwards you moron.

Truman said:
I pulled into a car pak and the car in front of me had backed in. I have a Nissan navara dual cab ute so its quite long and I had to pull up really close to the back of this car so my arse end wasnt sticking out too far.
When I get back there is a note on my windscreen saying "next time how about you leave some room so I can get to my boot"
What the ****, next time if you want to get to your boot pull in forwards you moron.
and, all they had to do was roll forwards a few hundred mm while they filled it up with groceries. I really wish these note-leaving wankers would leave their number as well..

Airgead said:
Actually, its bright because it has a high albedo. Its not the denseness of the atmosphere but its composition that makes it so reflective.

Bodies can have a high albedo and therefore be very bright (relative to size and distance) with no atmosphere at all. Enceladus (moon of Saturn) has the highest known albedo (.99) of any solar system body but no atmosphere at all.
a-universe-from-noth.jpg

Truman said:
Could have been worse.
Could have squished dogshit under the your door handle.

Some idiot had parked right across from the house on the other side of the street exactly in the spot I reverse into every morning to get out of my driveway. Left it there for days. And days. Very inconvenient but I look out.

Called friends over for a dinner time party, one of them backed out and smashed his indicator/light with his towball and legged it. Car is gone today. Shweet.

Had a look on the Internet the other day for large pants suitable for a man doing yoga to get an idea for what to look in the shop for.

This forum is now dedicatedly bombarding me with ads of women wearing little by the way of pants.

practicalfool said:
Had a look on the Internet the other day for large pants suitable for a man doing yoga to get an idea for what to look in the shop for.
This forum is now dedicatedly bombarding me with ads of women wearing little by the way of pants.
Women wearing little by the way of pants,and your problem is ? :)

practicalfool said:

You reap what you sow.

Truman said:

About 10 years ago my old man came out of Woolies here and the women who had parked next to him had put her bags of groceries onto the boot of his car while she sorted out the loading,the ignorant bitch ripped into dad when he asked her what the hell she was doing,as he told me she went nuts when he dropped her grocery bags onto the ground behind her car so he could reverse out and leave,the stupid cow even threatened to report him for handling her groceries.
Interesting how people ,when caught out will try to turn it round and make themselves look like the victim.

Truman said:
Nothing fills me with more rage than when someone has a go about something when they're actually in the wrong or should just have used their brain

Reminds me of the time I was having a BBQ in a park with my extended family. We had just used the public BBQ and were hanging around eating in its general vicinity as it was under a gazebo. Pretty much the only other person in the park was a guy kicking a ball with his kids.

Guy then goes to leave and has an go at my dad (the oldest member of the group) for not letting him use the BBQ. I see red and have a go at him. I seriously had to be held back.

The guy gave absolutely no indication he wished to use the BBQ. He was kicking the ball 50 meters away most of the time. He didn't even leave with any kind of bag so I'm not sure he even had meat.

The lack of food had obviously driven him Doo Lali, or maybe he was a Grassaterian who preferred his grass cooked.

I just save time and effort and HATE EVERYBODY!!!

Latest posts

Back