Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quite like motorised shit pipe unblocker thing..

Its wrong when you back it out of a pipe to discover the cause of the choke was - erm - feminine hygiene products. Few clients quibbled over the bill once shown the contents of their drains.

Anyway, all the cool kids use jetblasters nowadays. 5000 psi of shit blasting, root cutting awesomeness.

Bloke we had come out to fix a blocked sewer line put a camera down as well. Needed some eyeball bleach after that I can tell you.

Massive turd-burg blocking the main line in the street.

Dave70 said:
Anyway, all the cool kids use jetblasters nowadays. 5000 psi of shit blasting, root cutting awesomeness.
Just the kind of thing I'd want hit with a high pressure hose getting sprayed all over the place

Dave70 said:
Scam eh? Cash eh?
As an plumber by trade I have one thing to say to you.

**** off mate, we're working that side of the street..
Ahh yes cash,an old bloke I worked with back in the day loved his cash jobs,he called it ..**** money.
C = cash
U = undeclared
N =no
T = tax

Was the old blokes name Charlie Ash can you just make the cheque out to C ASH.

Dave70 said:
Ahh...
I recall as a wee apprentice when my mobile scaffold consisted of a forklift, tradesman and a timber pallet.
Grab the Hilti, a box of Loxin's, a hammer and tape and you were good to go. Safety glasses could be substituted by squinting.

Hanging the pipes may also have involved a scissor lift and some balancing of pipes on the handrail as you jockeyed them into position.
Or maby two forklifts. Or a Bobcat. And some telecom rope.
Telecom rope. Up there with milk crate's

The fun bit about old skool mobile platforms was remembering not to grab the chain when it was "suddenly" raised.

I am most disappointed that some work cover rule means you are no longer allowed to mega apprentices.... :ph34r:

I'm looking forward to a nice big tax refund of around $1800.00 this year and have already planned what I'm spending it on, including some upgrades to the brewery. When I get my notice of assessment and ******* Centrelink have taken $1600.00 of it for a supposed debt.

WTF I haven't dealt with Centrelink for 4 years. Anyway I phone them up and after a 25 min wait on hold tell the guy what's happened and ask him to explain what the debt is for. He looks into it and tells me that back in 2010 they overpaid me for FBT part A when my youngest daughter was living with me because I earnt too much. But I'm on a salary and my wage estimate is always correct.

He looks into it more and says they forgot to take out the child support I paid for my other children. So there **** up. But then says I have to get a statement of what I paid from child support and take it to a centrelink office.

So off I go to centrelink, and 1.5 hrs later I'm walking out being told to wait four weeks for a response.

******* government departments. I feel sorry for those who have to deal with these places on a regular basis.

Centerlink! typical gov dept,they want to know how many times a person wipes their arse but the system couldn't find theirs in the dark.
My brother inlaw is dealing with their shit since his missus left him and the kids,told a pack of lies and Centrelink is telling him that it is his job to prove them wrong. Bugger me if a government department with all it's records and resources can't join the dots we are all fucked. Oh hang on we are already .
And while I'm having a rant,god help the next lazy unmotivated complacent slob who tries to tell me "it's not my job" wether that person has tits or testicles will not save them from an in their face get of your lazy arse tongue lashing.
Ahhhh, I feel better now,off to the shed for another beer.
Cheers...spog....

Getting grain in Newcastle, I have supported a said shop whenever I have the need for supplies over a decade, there we're stops and starts but still supported him. I'm fed up, went in last Tuesday a 30 min drive, not open 5 phone calls later? Is he still in business? Put orders in no confer action emails etc...With the price the other shop is asking for hops makes it about par for mail order from Qld or Melb. Maybe a Ncl bulk buy would be nice or am I pissing in the wind? **** I'm annoyed a $30 brew just doubled in price. Maybe I'll explore more options of malt and yeast but I'm still not whole.

It's really not funny, say a dollar a long neck brew like a stone and wood nock off is now close to $2 a long neck, maybe us novocastrians had it good with MHB maybe not as it seemed seasonal.

I spend a brew a week as a rule but looking at some of the prices for grain it will have to be a brew a fortnight. I can't justify the postage unless buying pick up malt. Fffaaaarrrrkkkk not happy.You know when your on a good thing etc....

I have 4 kits and bits down, my best from before grain, I'm not happy or going to really enjoy them as much. They will be beer so I will drink them but it seems I am going backwards,I have sorted myself for AG and seem to have a good system. Kits and bits are a bid step back, I need to brew so kits is what it is. Still not happy...

Mate just order it online - I just added it up on one of the retailers websites - 4.5kg of base malt, 100g galaxy, packet of US05 - about $25. Postage on my last order with them was $10.85 (similar weight), posted within 24hrs of ordering.
If the other LHBS can't pull their finger out then fukkem.

I used to do a 90km round trip to get grain from TWOC in Perth (from the northern suburbs). Now its 240kms.

Get your bulk grain from local: hops, yeast and other incidentals from online.

Hey remember that time when swimming was awesome and all we wanted was to watch swimming on tv and even if there was another sport on we wanted to go back to swimming after 2 minutes?
Yeah, me either.

Ignorant prats with beat up old cars that can't give a shit in carparks. Swing that door open as hard as they can and wham! Another ding. Challenged one and all you get is a blank stare and nobody's home up top. Numpty's.

Back