Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave70 said:
Are you really, or just telling everyone that?..
We as in the scientific community/humanity in general.

Not we as in the organisation I work for (which is a bank ATM... not much placebo research going on there... unless you count our marketing department...).

But I did work at a company that assisted with research in this area a few years ago.

Why does Irish moss come in a tablet sized for double batches, I can never cut the damned things evenly and then I have to put a shit half back into the bag for next brew...

Airgead said:
We as in the scientific community/humanity in general.

Not we as in the organisation I work for (which is a bank ATM... not much placebo research going on there... unless you count our marketing department...).

But I did work at a company that assisted with research in this area a few years ago.
No, there are indeed plenty of placebos in the banking industry. They're called the lies about customer service and the value they place on customers. Plenty of crap they publish, but none of it works, and they don't mean it. The bottom line is the upper echelon of management and their so called "performance" bonuses. Then again, that applies to almost all big business.

When a finance/bank person tells you on the phone it's 5.9%, expect it to be 5.99%.

It just frikkin happens. And that's your extra 25 bucks.

When SWMBO secretly increases the credit limit on your brewing credit card (yes, I have one) and you immediately blow the lot on brewing equipment..

Wait.. That's a good thing. Suck it, you guys.

Ruckus said:
When SWMBO secretly increases the credit limit on your brewing credit card (yes, I have one) and you immediately blow the lot on brewing equipment..

Wait.. That's a good thing. Suck it, you guys.
I call Bullshit...

Actually the blowing the lot on brew gear is 2nd nature...

But the credit increase.......er......nope

Back