Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StalkingWilbur said:
Swag and swagger were cool? Did you go to the Bieber concert?
No, it was around way before that douche, I picked it up from one of the best movies ever made. 'Freddy Got Fingered', and the scene 'Walk With A Swagger'.

Your move Wilbur :)

Ducatiboy stu said:
Now that was just cruel.

I'm told Orlando Bloom punched him, or punched and missed or something because Beiber has slept with Miranda Ker. You mis Ker have lost all respect.

Or, this could all be lies as it was on the John Laws show yesterday (It was on in the tractor, don't be a hater).

But it made me laugh....I can just see Shaun at thaat concert.....

Wasn't 'walk with a swagger' from the Tom Green Show? Or maybe both.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I've got mustard in my eye

Mustard isn't for eyes, silly NFH !

PS. It's less windy now.

The Slut Mobile has to be one of the funniest things from the Tom Green show. Man he has patient parents.....

Danwood said:
Mustard isn't for eyes, silly NFH !

PS. It's less windy now.
Now its just freakin cold and snowing everywhere. Ballarat, Warnambool and Lorne form what the radio just said. Can anyone confirm?

I'm annoyed.... they are predicting gazilion mile an hour winds over the weekend and I have to install sheets of roofing on my shed. Might have to tie my leg to the frame to make sure I don't fly away.

I'd be buying the form guide and heading to the pub for a bet and a beer. Your only asking for a limb to be sliced off doing that shit Airgeqd.

I now have a sweet post and rail fence heading to the front of my brewery, sweeeet!

I had a big chunk of fence in the driveway last night. Lucky we parked the car on the street for some reason.

For Christ sake ( actually mine ) can somebody fast forward the calendar to the warm weather part,I am over the cold,wet windy shit !

Rant time. Refer: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/pushed-beyond-despair-farmer-ian-turnbulls-family-says-feud-over-trees-consumed-hardworking-man-of-the-land/story-fni0cx12-1227009362264

Found a copy of the Daily Telegraph on the lunch table today and was confused by the headline. "Pushed beyond despair" it read. Is it just me or does this whole thing read like a sob story for the man who shot another man? Look at it in raw terms: a policeman was shot after issuing a notice to the accused and died as a result. The local MP says this: “It’s a tragic event that I think has been brought about by bad legislation,”
Legislation put the firearm in the man's hand?
Did it also pull the trigger?
My father and in-laws are all farmers and I'm not going to pretend for a second that their lives are easy. They've battled incredibly hard times like most/all farmers in this country and like every industry, have legislation, laws and regulations to deal with. But the piece of legislation in question here is the clearing of land according to the paper. Government officials have an aggressive stance on everything. The 'RED TAPE NIGHTMARE' includes obtaining a property vegetation plan or development consent plan from the state government. There are three other points about the amount of time it takes, that some approval might need come from someone else, and the degree of the fine. What a nightmare.

This article implies that the government is to blame for the policeman's death. We've all been close to breaking point over something, but you can't blame the thing that made you snap if you happen to kill someone. Of the murderer the following is said:
"...patriarch of a well-respected wheat farming dynasty, had endured more than a year of pressure from the government over the clearing of his land "
"He was out in the community — he was helping to build old people’s homes, he was collecting trampolines at school fetes, he did Meals on Wheels"
“He was the respected elder who people turned to."

And this of the man who was killed:
"...condolences to Mr Turner’s grief-stricken family, including his two children, aged nine and 10."

This journalism is completely unacceptable.

Dave70 said:
This guy had his YT channel shut down (temporarily) due to threats from the crossfit community. To bad for them he's actually a lawyer. Glad someone started calling them on their bullshit. Possibly the most sarcastic person on youtube.
If performing high risk Olympic style movements against the clock wasn't a good enough segue to injury, the fact that instructors basically get their certification over the course of a weekend completes the wreckage.http://www.infiniteelgintensity.net/search?updated-max=2014-07-18T05:15:00-07:00&max-results=7&reverse-paginate=true
Certainly has been a good money spinner for its founder, Greg Glassman.
"Forging Elite Fittness"
Would you buy an exercise program off this man?..
crossfit.jpg
No affinity with crossfit and the only idea from paleo that I respond to is the general concept of reducing processed food and increasing fresh food intake but **** that guy is just as irritating.
Like sitting in a room with the tv on a channel no-one cares about while some smug nerd who's there by default has a running commentary no-one wants to hear.
Some low volume crosstit wank ceremony interspersed with uninteresting feedback like 'yeah they reckon I'm fat but that guy's fat yeah, suck shit he's fat and probably can't walk well due to shinsplints'
Worst critique of anything, ever. Shut the site down just because it's pants.

TheWiggman said:
Rant time. Refer: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/pushed-beyond-despair-farmer-ian-turnbulls-family-says-feud-over-trees-consumed-hardworking-man-of-the-land/story-fni0cx12-1227009362264

Found a copy of the Daily Telegraph on the lunch table today and was confused by the headline. "Pushed beyond despair" it read. Is it just me or does this whole thing read like a sob story for the man who shot another man? Look at it in raw terms: a policeman was shot after issuing a notice to the accused and died as a result. The local MP says this: “It’s a tragic event that I think has been brought about by bad legislation,”
Legislation put the firearm in the man's hand?
Did it also pull the trigger?
My father and in-laws are all farmers and I'm not going to pretend for a second that their lives are easy. They've battled incredibly hard times like most/all farmers in this country and like every industry, have legislation, laws and regulations to deal with. But the piece of legislation in question here is the clearing of land according to the paper. Government officials have an aggressive stance on everything. The 'RED TAPE NIGHTMARE' includes obtaining a property vegetation plan or development consent plan from the state government. There are three other points about the amount of time it takes, that some approval might need come from someone else, and the degree of the fine. What a nightmare.

This article implies that the government is to blame for the policeman's death. We've all been close to breaking point over something, but you can't blame the thing that made you snap if you happen to kill someone. Of the murderer the following is said:
"...patriarch of a well-respected wheat farming dynasty, had endured more than a year of pressure from the government over the clearing of his land "
"He was out in the community — he was helping to build old people’s homes, he was collecting trampolines at school fetes, he did Meals on Wheels"
“He was the respected elder who people turned to."

And this of the man who was killed:
"...condolences to Mr Turner’s grief-stricken family, including his two children, aged nine and 10."

This journalism is completely unacceptable.
That's typical of the Terrorgraph. Complete opinionated bullshit. Have you seen their coverage of politics?

I've seen rough stuff from them before, but this was offensive.
The 'liberal rat' thing was pretty crazy. Did 2 front pages on Slipper visually edited as a rat, then when he was cleared there was a small box on page 16 reporting it. Pretty unapologetic.
Imagine you were in the family of the deceased and saw the article I commented on. I'd completely lose my shit. Cannot think of anything more disrespectful. "Sorry my dad killed your father kids, but you can't really blame him - have you seen the red tape he had to go through to clear some land? He was harassed by The Man".
Discuss the politics later. Deal with the grief of a lost father now. Report the facts without using the filler words.

"Had endured a year of pressure from the Government...." what aload of shit

The bloke he shot was out there to talk to him about the illegal land clearing.....all he was doing was his job....

That is truly gutter journalism and its worst....

Coming from the bush, I know there are old cockles who wouldnt think twice about shooting a government offical...

I was going to say its primitive, but primates don't clear fell 500ha of bush then poison the ground so nothing native grows back.

Yep..

He is one of those old cockies who just didnt give a shit

" Its my land...I will do what I like...you can all get stuffed..."

Back