Continuing happiness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zorco said:
Continuing Happiness:

My last baby turned 1 today. What a year. Australia Day Tomorrow. Living in the greatest country on earth. Lifelong learner of beer - my passion......

Opening a bottle of Coopers Pale Ale.
Sounds a bit like me - the description above. (* edit) Always learning, sometimes by sharing and teaching.
On Australia Day, I actually made a 44 litre batch of Cooper's Sparkling clone.

Having a great morning posting in the Beer Snob thread and linking to some of my previous posts from days when I had a real frenzy about my beer evangelism. Loving those old posts and my enthusiasm. Testify!

Don't know where to put this but this seems like a good spot.

A coupke weeks back I asked my neighbour two doors up if he would pick something up for me from Droid (yes it's still happening Droid), as he has a holiday house nearby. Anyway he didn't know I brewed, whilst he doesn't brew yet he knows a **** load about it. Also he is a mechanical engineer by trade and also builds 4x4 buggies. I also mentioned I grew hops.

Last night get a knock on the door and he gives me these coasters he made up at work because he was bored. I was chuffed. They are pretty cool.

Anyway we enjoyed a few of my beers which he thought were good and he is going to help me set up whatever I want and weld whatever I need welded. He said he can also weld food grade stainless.

Interestingly, the company he works for got stung by good mate Micah.

Anyway. Coasters are rad. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1486172820.568161.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1486172835.866244.jpg

Nullnvoid said:

A coupke weeks back I asked my neighbour two doors up if he would pick something up for me from Droid (yes it's still happening Droid), as he has a holiday house nearby. Anyway he didn't know I brewed, whilst he doesn't brew yet he knows a **** load about it. Also he is a mechanical engineer by trade and also builds 4x4 buggies. I also mentioned I grew hops.

Last night get a knock on the door and he gives me these coasters he made up at work because he was bored. I was chuffed. They are pretty cool.

Anyway we enjoyed a few of my beers which he thought were good and he is going to help me set up whatever I want and weld whatever I need welded. He said he can also weld food grade stainless.

Anyway. Coasters are rad.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1486172820.568161.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1486172835.866244.jpg

You should see if he wants to make more and sell them.... they are awesome!

My boy has just started saying dad! In the last few weeks he has learned to stand, climb, wave and say mum and dad (dad was definitely first). That is happiness!

Nullnvoid said:

Anyway. Coasters are rad.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1486172820.568161.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1486172835.866244.jpg

Hmm, well, wthout using swear words, I must simply say that you are one of the luckiest chaps that I have ever read about on the interwebs.

And seriously, if he wanted to do a production run on the coasters I'm sure he would have no probs there. Imagine a nice stainless one :)

Took our newly blind cat to the vet for a check up.
He's blind because of high blood pressure with no known cause (rare in cats, not diet related).
Been on medication for a few weeks.

Check up vet said prepare yourself for the worst - based on a number of things, I suspect Renal Failure which will result in a dead cat in 3-4 weeks. Took some blood, said she'd call in an hour.

2 hours later, she rang with the results. Old mate gets to sit on my lap for a few more years, rather than weeks.

Happy it makes me, mmmmmm yoda yes.

manticle said:
Took our newly blind cat to the vet for a check up.
He's blind because of high blood pressure with no known cause (rare in cats, not diet related).
Been on medication for a few weeks.

Check up vet said prepare yourself for the worst - based on a number of things, I suspect Renal Failure which will result in a dead cat in 3-4 weeks. Took some blood, said she'd call in an hour.

2 hours later, she rang with the results. Old mate gets to sit on my lap for a few more years, rather than weeks.

Happy it makes me, mmmmmm yoda yes.
I once suspected my cat was blind as he seemed to look straight through me. Nope. Smug little prick could see just fine.

Glad you got some good news.

Yeah they're good at staring smugly directly through you. I know what your soul looks like but I'm not sure I care.

Unfortunately in this case it was blood filled eyes, pupils the size of saucers and continual walking into things that gave it away.

Still smug but.

The cat is sure. Your soul means less than nothing as far as the feline is concerned. He is fortunate to have you looking after him. It's good news that his ailment isn't too dire. I hope you get many more years of companionship from the narcissistic little *******.

Tomorrow - going on a brewery tour at the 'Loch Brewery & Distillery' then off to a small local Hop plantation to look at, admire and talk about Hops. The day is organised by Landcare, $20 ticket includes Bus ride to the brewery & lunch. (BYO water & sunscreen) I've arranged for Mum to give me a lift home from the bus stop if I end up sampling too many samples.
Cheers

Brewing this weekend.

Not a life changing moment, not even anything out of the ordinary. But, I've found a hobby I like. I've found a community of like minded people. And I've found a great bunch of mates.

Ultimately, you also get beer, how great is that?!

Systematic, realtime, informative, insightful.

A free phone app called Pocket NEM. - Data feed subscription later, but neat for a look.

How energy is moving around the NEM, what the prices are, live. All the AEMO registered generators listed, their details and their contributions.

I love it.
screen568x568.jpeg

If anyone is wondering why there isn't a sweet sweet interconnector between SA and QLD then you are in good company. The same is being considered at high levels right now[emoji106].

Neat thing is, that new interconnector could pick up a huge swag of potential solar farms.....

Clucky, giddy happy there.

Tomorrow hazelwood commences shutdowns. This is a time of change. Let's not forget about the generations of families and friends that depend on that power station directly or indirectly.

Continuing happiness is complex sometimes

Always enjoyed trawling this thread but I have a contribution.

My second daughter is being born on Thursday (induction due to complications). Thanks to my genes, her head circumference is in the 95th percentile.. and the missus is tiny. The 25kg of baby weight she's gained is solely isolated within her belly (can't tell she's pregs from behind) and she weighed only 55kg before.. so I can say with confidence, with LC/MHB precision, that my missus is currently 31.25% baby & accessories. Needless to say she's gonna need a home brew when it's all over :lol:

on a similar tangent, I've just tasted my first pressure fermented / closed system fermentation brew (a Smurto's Golden Ale, obviously) and it's leaps and bounds beyond anything I've brewed in the past. Hasn't seen open air since I pitched yeast and I can taste what all the fuss is about.

Also, moving house next weekend and started a new job two weeks ago, apparently I don't do shit in halves.

ed: fully expecting that my "LC/MHB precision" is wrong and my missus' composition is, in fact, not 31.25% baby & accessories

Need a green beanie for winter mate!!

Best wishes to your wife and you for this week.

Latest posts

Back