Continuing happiness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Busy weekend for you Dave.
You going with the pressure lid?

I had planned on washing and vacuuming the Hi Lux, lawn mowing and weeding tomorrow. Those jobs really need doing.

But onto things that will actually be happening, like transferring my current brew to the serving keg, harvesting the yeast and putting the new toy through its paces.

Pressure lid for sure mate. The whole shebang was included.

It says on the box “What the magic of fermentation” so no washing, vacuuming, mowing weeding for you. Got a camper bed?

The doghouse needn't be well furnished if you've had a good few pints of pressure fermented, clear, ester free home brew

I get such happiness from brewing. Because I go long stretches between doing things, it's really like Christmas when I do something. From putting yeast on the stir plate, to brewing, to tipping wort into the fermenter and adding yeast. Provides a high for days!

And after adding yeast to either stirplate or to the fermenter I wake up in the morning and see if anything is happening, like a child at Christmas.

I had planned on washing and vacuuming the Hi Lux, lawn mowing and weeding tomorrow. Those jobs really need doing.

But onto things that will actually be happening, like transferring my current brew to the serving keg, harvesting the yeast and putting the new toy through its paces.

Pressure lid for sure mate. The whole shebang was included.

Where are we at, “continuing happiness” or was it the lawns, weeding and the Hi Lux?

A quick shout out to Ikegger. Ordered on the 13th, delivered to my grubby office this morning.
https://www.ikegger.com/

Honorable mention to Pat at Absolute Homebrew for grinding my grain and delivering it in the same time frame.
https://www.absolutehomebrew.com.au/

Support them if you can. Good service is not allways easy to find.

Merry Christmas self!!

20171215_095405_zpswthi9znt.jpg
Do they have a replacement price for the PET plastic conical fermenter. would think that would be the first to need replacing interesting that they have a place to drill a hole but if you do can not use under pressure and voids warranty. They say that have tested to five bar and burst is 7 bar but would think age could change that like soda stream bottles with an expiry date.

Yes and also my cupboard has a hinge that has a screw missing do you think I can fix it must be a case of all hands on deck what do you reckon martha.

Do they have a replacement price for the PET plastic conical fermenter. would think that would be the first to need replacing interesting that they have a place to drill a hole but if you do can not use under pressure and voids warranty. They say that have tested to five bar and burst is 7 bar but would think age could change that like soda stream bottles with an expiry date.

Yes, they cost $39.95, and you get a second for $14.95. I think yhey mention somewhere that it should be replaced every 2 years or have it tested, standard practice for pressure vessels?

Where are we at, “continuing happiness” or was it the lawns, weeding and the Hi Lux?

I did some weeding because the backpack sprayer doesn't make loud noise. That was an issue yesterday. The Hi Lux? According the the ad its unbreakable anyway, so another weeks dirt wont hurt it.

I briefly recall seeing something to the effect on the big silver sticker that you should get the unit tested in 2024. If it fails, thats give or take $30 per year for a top piece of kit that could double as a conversation piece in the living room (once that yeast gets peculating, its hypnotic to watch) . Pretty much zero fucks given if thats the case.
However I cant recall seeing if its UV stabalized, so probably best practice to expose it to as little sunlight as possible.

Yes and also my cupboard has a hinge that has a screw missing do you think I can fix it must be a case of all hands on deck what do you reckon martha.

Well if the door has the standard six screws per hinge the remaining screws will now be supporting an additional 3.4% of the doors load. You should probably play it safe and contact the screws manufacturer and find out the sheer strength of the fasteners or you may be risking catastrophic failure.
If you have an abacus handy you may be able to calculate the fail point yourself using this.

46829iC9C1CE720C0A71D8

Yesterday was my last day of work for the year.
Lawn has been mowed and spider mites on my hops sprayed.
Kegerator is loaded, as is the esky (and maybe a fridge or two).

A great cricket/golf/drinking mate and his family are coming around this arvo to help reduce the stocks.

If I had to complain (wrong thread I know) it's just a fraction hot.

10 days off work, absolutely no family obligations till at least 29th (which might be one simple lunch or similar with visiting sister in law's mum and partner). Weather in low- mid 20s, time to myself (partner mostly working through but since we're off to Europe in March, that's a good thing).

Been one hell of a workyear, good to have some time away.

SWMBO finally settled and distributed her father's estate this week, 15 months after the old dodger went to the happy complaining ground.
We've just increased our wealth by a healthy 50%, so our finance people now tell us we have enough to live our current lifestyle till we are 140 years old. Told them we'll live a little shorter but better.
All that's left to do is to dissolve the property trust, wind up the private company, last BAS return and the final tax return for him and the estate.

Merry Christmas to all !!!

When I come home to Brisbane from Melbourne each year I spend days running around like a blue-arsed fly. This year, shopping has been done, no one needs me to run and get gifts. All I need to do is go grab myself some beer. Christmas miracle? I almost feel guilty. But not really. [emoji1] Merry Christmas all.

10 days off work, absolutely no family obligations till at least 29th (which might be one simple lunch or similar with visiting sister in law's mum and partner). Weather in low- mid 20s, time to myself (partner mostly working through but since we're off to Europe in March, that's a good thing).

Been one hell of a workyear, good to have some time away.

I don’t mean to rub it in or anything but I’ve got 60 days off, no family commitments until I decide to make some and in there I’ll get probably at least quite a few weekends (or weekdays if I desire!!) up the bush fishing, hunting and camping. Been a prick of a year at work, especially the last few months. Been keen for this break, don’t want it to end!!!

I’m not off to Europe though but New Zealand in May for a hunt.

SWMBO finally settled and distributed her father's estate this week, 15 months after the old dodger went to the happy complaining ground.
We've just increased our wealth by a healthy 50%, so our finance people now tell us we have enough to live our current lifestyle till we are 140 years old. Told them we'll live a little shorter but better.
All that's left to do is to dissolve the property trust, wind up the private company, last BAS return and the final tax return for him and the estate.

Merry Christmas to all !!!
What ever you do do not give any money to charity that can be traced back they will haunt you to the grave with phone calls and letters.

Latest posts

Back