Compensator Faucets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roach,

3/8" inlet and 3/8" outlet for the John Guest fittings.

I'll be ringing Ultimate Air today and if they don't have them, then I'll cancel my order with them and be in for 4 with the bulk order.

Beers,
Doc

No probs Doc. Prolly won't be ordering til next Wednesday. Although Almusac seem to only respond once a week on a Thursday and so might not be until the end of next week.

cheers

Getting a bit ahead of myself here but to give you a more accurate idea of cost, using express parcel post($6.50 for up to 500g parcel). So actual cost would be $15.50 per valve plus $6.50 express parcel post.

Alternatively I will send to everyone via normal parcel post for $4.50, except for our remotely located colleagues like Batz as I assume they prefer express. This is my personal preference.

i think i have the figures right :blink:

Anyway I'll await confirmation from Alumasc

Doc: is the 3/8" suit a 5mm beer line?

My maths must be way off here, but it dosen't seem to stack up.....

Goat,
I have assumed a 2.5 exhange rate. If we get better(oe worse) I'll obviously pass that on.

Cost per valve is 5 pounds which = $12.50
Airmail of 60 pounds spread over the 50 units(assuming 50) = 1 .2 pounds, which equals $3.00
Therefore cost per valve is $15.50 landed at Roach HQ
Express post from Adel to AHB'er is $6.50.
Hence 15.50 plus 6.50 = $22. Cost goes up by the 15.50 for each extra valve.

I think that makes sense.

Cheers
Roach

Goat,

The size is the size of the John Guest fitting on the flow restrictor side.
You beer line goes on the barb fitting on the other side which on a 3/8" John Guest barb fitting is approx 6mm and a perfect fit for 5mm beer line.

Beers,
Doc

Sorry Roach - I was refering to inlet/outlet sizes. not costs.....

I can post a pic of the fitting tonight too if you want as I already have mine (just waiting for the restrictors). I bought mine from Andale in Beaconsfield in Sydney.

Roach, you should probably order the John Guest fittings as well, as probably not all the guys will have easy access to a supply of them.

Beers,
Doc

PS: Rang Ultimate Air yet again and they still have no idea. Waiting for the office girl to get in so I can cancel my order.

Thanks Doc for the tip. I had blindly assumed I could attach my lines directly to the in line valve. Can you supply a spec for the right John Guest Fitting. There is an Andale in Adelaide, but I take your point about others that may not have easy access. I assume you need 2 fittings per valve.

If I can get these John Guest fittings from the Alumasc I'll add it to the order. I'll email the them as soon as I get the spec.

Good pick up thanks Doc

Cheers
roach

What you need is a Tube Hose Stem for each side of the flow controller as shown on the linked page.

If you order the 3/8" flow restrictors (inlet and outlet) then from that page you will need the Tube Host Stem 3/8" with 1/4" barb Part number J6HS4 x 2 per flow controller (one for the inlet and one for the outlet).

Beers,
Doc

Gotcha! Thanks Doc. As I say if Almusac sell them reasonably I'll order those as well. Although I don't want to make this order too complicated.

If they don't sell them then people will have to order them direct from Andale, assuming they have them. Will keep you informed

Actually, here they are on John Guests website

Again 3/8" to 1/4" barb * x 2 per flow controller.

Beers,
Doc

tube_to_hose_stem.GIF

Do you really need these? The restrictor that asher has (shown on page one of this thread, being the allen key one) has the direct push in connections straight on it.

These ones may be simpler to get? I am not that fussy wether it has a knurled knob of not ... (don't take that out of context :D )

I'll be definitely using them on mine. I don't want the beer line blowing off with 100kpa dialed up on the reg.

Beers,
Doc

and the Alumasc description for the units says:

Offers 3/8 or 5/16 John Guest inlet and 3/8, 3/16 or 5/16 John Guest outlet

Asher, have you used the JG tube hose stem on yours now ?

Beers,
Doc

actually, now that I think about it..... I think it came with the female push in connectors, not those barb ones you were pointing to Doc

I have some of the John Guest T pieces on my gas lines now and they are great, hard to see them popping off. I guess it will only take one to spoil the party, especially if it was a beer line :p

Latest posts

Back