Compensator Faucets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
surprise surprise, they didn't phone me back #@(&$@#()&$(@#&$

Doc

if you end up doing an order of quantity roach put me down for some as well.

cheers
big d

depends on price of course , but 3 for me please

Ditto on Batz's reply

3 for me pending on price

Whoaaaa. Hold off on the orders fellas. At this early stage I was just making general enquiries(initially to find an alternate Australian distributor) on pricing and availability and was going to pass details onto AHB'ers. However if I do want some myself and it makes sense to do a bulk order, I'll be happy to organise one. Even without asking it seems there are requests for about 30 already. So if I do proceed I may have to put a cap on the order.

Anyway, I'll await a response from the supplier and let you all know.

Although I never mentioned it above I would be keen on 3 :)

:lol: :lol:

See what it's like Roach ? :unsure:

Thanks JasonY for suggesting the bulk buy and adding some more to the order :p .

Batz - no probs. you helped us out on the refractometer buy, and so happy to return the favour if the pricing is within budget.

A cap will have to be set to ensure there is no danger of attracting duty/GST. If more than say $500 for the total order, then I would suggest someone else put in another order. Anyway I am getting a bit ahead of myself. The contact at Alumasc is a little slow in responding. Might have to give him a call if I get nothiing soon.

in preparation I note that Alumasc sell a couple of different models(details below). What is the consensus on what we should be getting(eg sizing for inlet/outlet, bespoke option, colour etc??) I have no experience in this area and have not seen one in the flesh.

Here is the info:

"Depending on the model chosen, flow control is achieved using an Allen key or knurled knob - the maximum position offers zero resistance, whereas the minimum position stops the flow completely.

- Manufactured from Acetal copolymer and Nitrile
- Supplied with flat and 90-degree mounting brackets (bespoke options available)
- Offers 3/8 or 5/16 John Guest inlet and 3/8, 3/16 or 5/16 John Guest outlet
- Available in a range of colours"

JasonY - yes they are - how many would you like. They will cost $10 extra each after I spray paint yours :D :D :D :ph34r:

Roach
I may be interested in a few but if the order gets too big I will see if all the Brizvegas guys want to do an order.

I would definitely get the ones with knurled knobs rather than the allen key ones. Less hassle and you don't need to find an allen key. The allen key ones are made for pubs to be put under the bar, adjusted and then left alone. They have allen key adjustable ones so that the publican/barmen can't play around with them and stuff all the settings up.

Hoops

thanks Hoops - good point about the knurled knobs. What do you reckon we should get in terms of inlet and outlet size?

Got a response from Alumasc:

1. Cost of an Inline valve in quantities up too 50 will be 5.00 each ex works.
2. Lead time to despatch is generally three weeks from receipt of order.
3. Estimated cost of shipping these via Air will be around 60.

So on todays rates it's about $12.50 each for one valve, plus about $3 per valve for shipping to Adelaide, if I order 50. Plus onforwarding to AHB'ers??. So looks like about $20 each per valve depending on xchange rate and final shipping.

Here are the pre-orders I have:

Roach 4
Ben 4
BrentonSpear 4
Big D 3
Boots 2
Batz 3
Linz 3
JasonY 3
Hoops 2

OK so we have 28 so far. OK - here goes - who wants some? I will cap it at 50. I am intending organising the purchase/payment similar to what happened with the refracs through Batz.

I am sending an email to Alumasc to clarify whether pricing is for knurled knob.

Need some advice from an AHB'er re size of inlet/outlet b4 I can order. I will only order 1 model - ie same for everyone

sorry guys stuffed up on the pricing. it would be, subject to exchange rate and final shipping:

number of valves ordered X ($12.50 + $3) + postage to AHB 'er from Adelaide.

Excellent work Roach - at that price can you bump mine up to 3?

Thanks heaps mate

Boots

Make my order 4 then, I may have to expand to three taps on the fridge and one for a portable setup. :)

Since there's a bit of headroom in the limit - I'll jump on board. Put me down for 2.

Thanks Roach

i am keeping track of the orders and will post a provisional list either 2morow or Monday. Currently I have got requests for 32. Cost will increase slightly if we can't get to 50, as I am spreading the 60GBP airmail cost over the 50 units.

BUT what I do need is a recommendation about inlet/outlet size. To repeat the size options are:

3/8 or 5/16 John Guest inlet and 3/8, 3/16 or 5/16 John Guest outlet

roach
will check tonight to see what size inlet/outlet mine has.
Hoops

Back