Compensator Faucets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy at John Guest put me onto Lancer Pacific who do beer stuff so they are getting back to me about different options.
Will keep you posted

Hoops

EDIT: They have an inline compensator with push fittings and he is getting back to me about price.

Top work Hoops.
Eargerly awaiting your next post.

Doc

Incase anyone over here in the East is interested in getting the inline compensators from Ultimate Air I bought 2 of them and it cost me $59 for the 2 including postage, so about $30ea.

Sorry Doc, haven't had a call back with the price from Lancer Pacific yet.

Hoops

Not yet. I rung them today but the guy is off sick so hopefully I will get some news tommorrow.

I recieved my 2 flow controls/compensators in the mail yesterday and they ended up costing me $30ea, however the bloody woman that works there overcharged me $10 on the postage, so normally they should only cost $25ea including postage.
I hooked it up last night and it seemed to work well but it needs more testing tonight :chug:

The vicfit site looks good, didn't look too hard though, I'll end up spending too much.

Hoops

Hoops do you know what size allan key to use to adjust the compensators. Glenn

Glenn
I will find out and let you know tommorrow
Hoops

Glenn
it uses a 4mm allen key for adjustment.
Hoops

Still no reply from Lancer Pacific.

Hoops The compensators are called inline flow valve and are made by a mob called Alumasc. They have a web site www.perfectbeer.com Cheers Glenn.

Just ordered 4 of these inline flow control units for my freezer conversion.
Thanks for the tip and info Asher.

Beers,
Doc

Still waiting on inline flow valves that I ordered from Ultimate Air.

Just bringing up the post again in case anyone found another supplier.
Really tempted to try and buy them direct from the manufacturer in the UK (but then Ultimate Air will probably get them in) :angry:

Beers,
Doc

Doc, I don't know how those things work exactly but would placing a clap on your beer line have the same effect? I'm thinking if you got some of those tiny G clamps or equivalent (you can get little stainless ones for clamping on hoses in labs to restrict flow) then you could just tighten the clamp a little to increase pressure thus reducing flow-increasing resistance.

I'm tipping that it's not going to cause any turbulence problems or cause CO2 to break out of solution but I could be wrong. Might be worth a go, not quite as pretty or professional as the above items but I'm guessing your not going to adjust them that often anyway.

Cheers, Justin

Ben,
I have emailed, via their web form, the guys in the UK as well, so hopefully they will get the message and respond. I'll pass on any response I receive.

Cheers
Roach

Got them (Ultimate Air) on the phone again today.
Aparently they did recieve a shipment a while back but they were the wrong size.
They have a package in customs now, and I'm expecting a call back today to find out if the inline flow valves are in the package.
If they are (and I'll post back when I hear) and you are after some you will need to get in before they run out of stock again.

Beers,
Doc

PS: no affiliation etc etc blah blah blah.

Doc,
I emailed the UK suppliers and they responded advising me that they would prefer to deal with me direct rather than through a distributor. Maybe relations with Ultimate Air aren't that flash.

I have asked for pricing etc, but i expect shipping from the UK will be a bit pricey.

Cheers
Roach

indeed let me know, as i am thinking about 4

Ult air and my relations are nonexistent since I never get calls back or e-mails, or product!!!

Back