Compensator Faucets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc they won't blow off. I've got one of these on my tap, and i've cranked it up to 300kpa to test it's effectiveness. The more the line tries to pull out, the more it tightens it.

jgriffin - what do you specifically use to connect the compensator to the beer line??

Roach
nothing is used to connect it to the compensator - you just push the beer line in. The John Guest fittings are made for this purpose. They have stainless steel barbs inside them. Works kinda like a chinese finger trap. You push the beer line in and the harder you try to pull it out the more the teeth grip onto it.
Hoops

Aahhh! So just so I have this straight - we don't need the JG fitting Doc has recommended??? I would rather not order them if not needed. Just so long as we have 5mm beer line - or does that not matter. I was going to order the 3/8 inlet/outlet Doc suggested???

Here's a picture of mine in the fridge (with allen key still fitted)

Hope this clears everything up

IMG_1032.jpg

very nice jgriffin, i'll be getting the knob knurled one - is that 5mm id line BTW?

OK folks - got a reply from Alumasc and the freight will actually be 75 british pounds not 60 as they first estimated. Consequently the cost will be $12.50 for the actual valve + $3.75 each for air mail. Plus 6.50 for Express Parcel Post from Adel to AHB'ers(ie 22.75 for 1 valve + 16.25 for each additional valve). That is assuming we have an order for 50. I have to cap it at 50 because the freight will go up significantly further. If the final order is less than 50 then the freight will be slightly more per valve.

I will be ordering the 3/8" John Guest inlet and outlet(hoops is checking his current one to confirm size is right), with the knulred knob adjuster(ie not the allen key)

So I am now calling for any final additional orders. This is what I have so far(EVERYBODY please check and let me know if not correct):

Roach 6
Ben 4
BrentonSpear 4
Big D 3
Boots 3
Batz 3
Linz 3
JasonY 4
Hoops 2
Goat 2
Doc 4
MCWB 4

TOTAL SO FAR = 42 So that leaves room for 8 more. I will close off orders Sunday.

This all assumes we won't get caught with duty/GST. based on others experiences we shouldn't have a problem.

I will be paying Alumasc by bank transfer. So b4 I send the cash I will send instructions on transferring your portion to my account.

Hope everyone is cool with this approach.

Cheers
Robert

good work!

and before you order if there is only a few less than 50, i am sure some might up their order to get to 50 for the cost saving. Dont forget Doc might also be in on the order so i think we should get the 50 we need

good work

ben - you will see that i have got Doc down for 4

There are now only 5 available to order

I'll grab 2 thanks Roach.

A question re the JG fittings... Is it possible to remove the beerline from the fitting or is a permanent arrangement?

Steve

SteveSA. Really I don't actually know the answer to that one. I assume it is removable otherwise it would be next to useless. Hoops, Asher or jgriffin could answer that one.

OK only 3 left!!

OK Roach,
Better put me down for three before the books are full. I'll PM to confirm details

Thanks GL. Sorry Tony M - you have just missed out. Would have like to squeezed your order in, but the freight goes up from there. If there is a cancellation or if Alumasc can fit you in within the shipping budget I'll let you know. I will email Alumasc and ask them.

Yes you can take the hose out, that is the beauty of these type of fittings.
To connect you push the beer line in and thats it.
To disconnect you push a small "flange" then pull the hose and it comes out. The "flange" is the blue or grey piece of plastic you can see on the fittings and it disengages the stainless steel teeth.
Hoops

have received official invoice from Alumasc. So its all systems go!! Will be sending money to them on Monday, then 3 weeks plus airmail for delivery. Bring it on. :D :chug:

the invoice spec is "Inline Flow Valve 3/8 Outlet/Inlet, Knob Adjuster"

send me a pm if you haven't heard from me about the logistics for payment/delivery etc

Latest posts

Back