Compensator Faucets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jgriffin - i'll add you to the reserve list.

Well done Roach , thanks mate
Funny how we end up buying things , that perhaps did not really know we required so badly ;)

i asked alumsac why they didn't have the stock on hand for such items(a bit apprehensive sending $800 overseas without anything to show for it and so wondered why) and they advised:

"With regard to your comment about stock, we do not hold finished
product as there are many different variations, but we do hold
component stock, so the reason for the lead time is due to fitting
into our assembly schedule"

Well done roach! :) Looking forward to another addition to the keg system (and a lot less beer line floating about) :D

Batz said:
Well done Roach , thanks mate
Funny how we end up buying things , that perhaps did not really know we required so badly ;)
So true. I'm buying 3......and I havent got any kegs! I just hate being left out. I think theyll look good on my brewing shelf.

:D :D maybe you can lease them out to those that missed out. sure you are not just onl selling them :p :ph34r:

they'll look good in a glass case on the bar

Too much beer line?
My taps are in the door and I have two coils of beer line , it loves to catch on bottles stacked on the fridge bottom and pull them out the door when I open it.
Be nice to see the end of that

So realistically how much beer line will I need from the keg to the tap if I am using one of these faucets? Can I just go with the bare minimum for my setup and let the faucets handle the pressure regulation?

Enough so that you can open the fridge door but thats about it. You just adjust the compensator to give you a good pour as if you had 5rm of line.

So did everybody that wanted one, get one.
Are there plans on getting another say about 10 - 20 of them.
'cause I'll take one for sure.
Roach, any plans for more ????

Normell

normell said:
So did everybody that wanted one, get one.
Are there plans on getting another say about 10 - 20 of them.
'cause I'll take one for sure.
Roach, any plans for more ????

Normell
[post="52219"][/post]​

Normell,
I just did the AHB Bulk buy as a one off. If you want to organise one I can send you all the details. I am sure there would be enough interest. Tho Alumasc were a bit slow in their responsiveness and it took 4 months for them to complete the order. I am not sure I would deal with them again. Also frieght from the UK is a bit steep cf the US, so a bigger order spreads the freight cost better. Also make sure you factor in 5% duty and 10% GST.

Cheers
roach

Waiting on a reply from Kevin at Andale, the are apprently trying a yankie one at the moment.
If I can get him to sell me one, will let everybody know

Normell

normell said:
Waiting on a reply from Kevin at Andale, the are apprently trying a yankie one at the moment.

Normell
[post="52893"][/post]​

Did you get any feedback on these normell?

C&B
TDA

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
normell said:
Waiting on a reply from Kevin at Andale, the are apparently trying a Yankee one at the moment.

Normell
[post="52893"][/post]​

Did you get any feedback on these Normell?

C&B
TDA
[post="69742"][/post]​

Yeah TDA, they eventually told me they were for commercial use only, and around the $200 mark.
they said that they wouldn't work with homebrew setups, when I told them that the Alumsac ones work fine, the said impossible ??????

Normell

normell said:
THE DRUNK ARAB said:
normell said:
Waiting on a reply from Kevin at Andale, the are apparently trying a Yankee one at the moment.

Normell
[post="52893"][/post]​

Did you get any feedback on these Normell?

C&B
TDA
[post="69742"][/post]​

Yeah TDA, they eventually told me they were for commercial use only, and around the $200 mark.
they said that they wouldn't work with homebrew setups, when I told them that the Alumsac ones work fine, the said impossible ??????

Normell
[post="69971"][/post]​

Thanks for that info Normell.

C&B
TDA

I could be doing some re-plumbing of the beer fridge now that the warmer months are almost upon us. These have been working a treat. Just wondering if there is a preferred place to put these in the beer line. At the moment I have mine about in the middle of the 700mm or so of beer line but am wondering if the best spot for them is as Jgriff has shown in the pic above. That is nice and close to the tap.

Anyone know if it makes a difference? Where have you put them?

My beer lines are about 1.5 meters each from keg, up font to tap.
The restrictors are inside the keg freezer about 200-300mm from the keg. Bascially that was the furthest I could get them from the keg before the line left the freezer (and I didn't want a extra lengths of beer line in the freezer). Worked OK with the Brumby taps. Works awesome with the Vent-matic taps. I had a keg I had carbonated a week or two ago that I never released the head pressure on and it was still at 300kpa. Hooked up the beer line and Ventmatic and poured. Got a slug of beer first from the beer line, then a perfect pour.

Doc

I know this is an old topic but hopefully some of the people who bought these can give me some info.

I'm looking at getting some of these. Mother-in-law is in Ireland for 6 weeks so hoping to get them sent to her.

I'm hoping to be able to use one of them with a standard beer gun using 8mm OD/5mm (e.g. this line from Craft brewer: http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=2229).

What connections do I need to specify and is there anything else I need. I've read the 6 pages on this but still not 100% sure what I need in this instance.

Thanks,
tony

Guys, is anyone able to help with this? I know there were a fair few of these purchased a few years ago. I'm sure some of them are still being used. And if they're not, I suppose why not (i.e. are they crap and I shouldn't purchase).

Thanks,
tony

Latest posts

Back