Commercial Brewers Really Have No Idea

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You realise don't you that we are all helping some redneck just to the right of Genghis Khan push his political barrow - yep me to.
But we could all ignore this type of shite it certainly has nothing to do with "Home Brewing" it defiantly isn't why I read AHB.

I hope some mod will consign this thread to the bin where it belongs

MHB

I can hear a tiny violin...

More to the point what does this have to do with homebrew. And lol first time i have ever been called a do gooder.

I find this objectionable.

Therefore it shouldn't exist.
Yes, it shouldn't exist HERE, if I want to discuss my political beliefs I will find an appropriate forum I believe AHB isn't the proper the place.

Actually over the years I have shot target pistol, hunted for the pot, to control vermin and pests, I certainly don't regard Tofu as a food and am far from being a bleeding heart. To my mind every feral pig someone kills is an individual act of environmentalism. I'm a supporter of responsible gun ownership and of not doing needles harm or causing unnecessary suffering. If I caught someone inflicting needles cruelty on any animal they wouldn't enjoy the outcome, to my mind there is nothing more contemptible than a bad hunter.

Frig it see what happens when you start, this is where I hope AHB isn't going.

It might be a good idea if we all went and read the forum rules and guidelines, I believe the original post was a blatant piece of political propaganda and that it certainly breaches the spirit if not the letter of the rules we all agree on when we post.

I recon there's enough crap on AHB as things stand, the last thing I for one want is this place to become a campaign office for loonies from either side.

Sydneybrewer Posted Today, 09:19 PM

More to the point what does this have to do with homebrew. And lol first time i have ever been called a do gooder.
Yep, I get that

No, no violins just enlightened self interest.
MHB
Mark
Marks Home Brew

I've got two hobbies. Hunting AND fishing! Randeen here likes to collect rocks, that's her hobbies, she's my cousin/sister.

redneck.jpg

What pisses me off, is the brand of beer that I drink, that I associate with huntin' and fishin' being nice to animals and all...them people wanna stop me from killing things...I mean, what's next? Gay peoples running for president?

You realise don't you that we are all helping some redneck just to the right of Genghis Khan push his political barrow - yep me to.
But we could all ignore this type of shite it certainly has nothing to do with "Home Brewing" it defiantly isn't why I read AHB.

I hope some mod will consign this thread to the bin where it belongs

MHB
It does seem to be tenuously linked to brewing though. And I certainly don't like the idea of discussions being summarily curtailed. The article is pretty crappy though. I used to shoot any animal that moved, but I got over it at about 25 years ago.

It might be a good idea if we all went and read the forum rules and guidelines

This is a very good idea. It seems your barrow-pushing verges on breaching rule 14 and is pretty close to being a derail. OP only posted this in the wrong sub-forum.

Plus it has clearly been of interest to some other posters - who are you to decide what is deemed appropriate to all users? It is certainly beer related.

If you're upset it isn't directly HB related you really should have been able to tell from the title and ignored it.

Jesus christ that article is hillarious - completely rediculous!

"animal rights organisations like HSI (and maybe others) that want to turn everyone vegan and put an end to the traditional Aussie steak and snags BBQ. Animal rights groups don't want you to BBQ anything - except tofu of course"

Oh really? HSI's website certainly doesn't list sny policies related to erradicating BBQs or meat from australian culture! In fact most of the goals on their website sound pretty bloody awesome!
HSI Australia has a particular emphasis on the following areas:
  • national and international biodiversity policy and implementation to protect habitats critical to the survival of many native species;
  • climate change, and the protection of 'carbon sinks' such as rainforests and areas of high biodiversity value;
  • habitat protection in Australia with the Wildlife Land Trust, a not-for-profit network of wildlife sanctuaries around Australia;
  • the "Humane Choice" food label to improve the lives of farm animals and address the unsustainable practice of intensive farming;
  • disaster relief support in developing countries to rescue stricken and abandoned animals;
  • Extinction Denied NGO grants program for animal protection and environment programs across Asia, Africa and India; and
  • national and international marine campaigns against whaling, and seeking greater protection for sharks, turtles, albatrosses and threatened fish species.

And then I love the bit where he has a go at evil organisations like the RSPCA.

"HSI, RSPCA, Animal Liberation, Green Peace and PETA all raise money to campaign against the one million licensed hunters & shooters"

It seems to me like the redneck who wrote the article is stuck in the mindset that to be a real man you have to be into guns, meat and beer - anyone who doesn't support hunting is probably vegetarian, not a man, and shouldn't have the right to be involved in beer or beer companies. Guess what buddy - millions of people don't like hunting!! Get over it and stop complaining.

The OP says commerical breweries have no idea - I say the author of the article and the OP have no idea

Anyone who doesn't like this being discussed here, simply ignore it, problem solved.

Anyone who doesn't like this being discussed here, simply ignore it, problem solved.

As I intimated above, it does depend how you define "here". If by "here" you mean The Common Ground then this probably is the wrong place. But if someone wants to get picky about that sort of thing this is far from the worst culprit - let's look at all of the threads about yeast handling in the wrong forum (and gear and sanitation and recipes and etc, etc, etc). These are far more damaging to the board's usefulness than something like this.

As I intimated above, it does depend how you define "here". If by "here" you mean The Common Ground then this probably is the wrong place. But if someone wants to get picky about that sort of thing this is far from the worst culprit - let's look at all of the threads about yeast handling in the wrong forum (and gear and sanitation and recipes and etc, etc, etc). These are far more damaging to the board's usefulness than something like this.

That's really up to the moderators anyway.

I'm so sick of people not being able to self-moderate by not reading things that don't interest them. It's just a little microcosm of our ridiculous nanny state.

Personally I'm against Tofu. The ramping up of soy production worldwide has destroyed more of the Amazon and led to the ethnic cleansing of more Indigenous peoples than any hunter could do in a thousand years with an unlimited supply of ammo. And mostly down to the farting limp wristed Nigel and Nigella vegans.

Nothing to do with brewing. Moving this political discussion to Off-Topic.

Jesus christ that article is hillarious - completely rediculous!

"animal rights organisations like HSI (and maybe others) that want to turn everyone vegan and put an end to the traditional Aussie steak and snags BBQ. Animal rights groups don't want you to BBQ anything - except tofu of course"

Oh really? HSI's website certainly doesn't list sny policies related to erradicating BBQs or meat from australian culture! In fact most of the goals on their website sound pretty bloody awesome!

And then I love the bit where he has a go at evil organisations like the RSPCA.

"HSI, RSPCA, Animal Liberation, Green Peace and PETA all raise money to campaign against the one million licensed hunters & shooters"

It seems to me like the redneck who wrote the article is stuck in the mindset that to be a real man you have to be into guns, meat and beer - anyone who doesn't support hunting is probably vegetarian, not a man, and shouldn't have the right to be involved in beer or beer companies. Guess what buddy - millions of people don't like hunting!! Get over it and stop complaining.

The OP says commerical breweries have no idea - I say the author of the article and the OP have no idea

+1 this post and whitegoose.

-1 to mullets and shotguns,

Latest posts

Back