Commercial Brewers Really Have No Idea

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure all of those animal welfare organisations object to a wild animal killed quickly, legally and cleanly and used for food.

Sounds to me like that article is a bit trollish. JMHO.

Going to have to agree with Nick On this one. I'm a firm supporter of animal welfare groups.

I agree with NJD,

What's wrong with making pink mist out of a roos face and then eating it later that evening for dinner?

Sounds like the breweries are just having 2 bob each way.
Like the companies that donate to both political parties.

Tree-hugging hippies enjoy cold beer too, don't they?

What I really don't understand is why major breweries support and encourage home brewers :p . Makes no sense - since starting to brew my own and getting the pipe-line running, my purchasing of commercial beer has dropped right off. Maybe a six-pack a month maximum!

Animal Liber's are nice if rubbed with spices and slow roasted B)

facepalm.gif

How narrow-minded was the guy that wrote that article?

Reminds me of the rednecks in south park, 'they took our jobs'...
redneck.gif

What I really don't understand is why major breweries support and encourage home brewers :p . Makes no sense - since starting to brew my own and getting the pipe-line running, my purchasing of commercial beer has dropped right off. Maybe a six-pack a month maximum!

The first natural thought for someone that doesn't want to pay commercial prices for beer is "I wonder if I can make my own?", then "oh look! Tooheys homebrew kit! I like Tooheys New, this sounds easy!"

The reality is though... have anyone ever made a beer close to a commercial lager with one of their home brew kits? Those kits (with those instructions) make beer, not good beer, but beer nonetheless. That way, when it doesn't quite turn out right, the lazy ones will go back to the real thing, $100 out of pocket for a brew kit and a batch.

The smart ones end up here.

The first natural thought for someone that doesn't want to pay commercial prices for beer is "I wonder if I can make my own?", then "oh look! Tooheys homebrew kit! I like Tooheys New, this sounds easy!"

The reality is though... have anyone ever made a beer close to a commercial lager with one of their home brew kits? Those kits (with those instructions) make beer, not good beer, but beer nonetheless. That way, when it doesn't quite turn out right, the lazy ones will go back to the real thing, $100 out of pocket for a brew kit and a batch.

The smart ones end up here.

Unfortunately, most Australian beer is made to satisfy the unexperienced beer drinker market. Most people in this market do not give a rats arse about animal welfare. Also most drinkers in this market are not interested in trying a different beer because its not....VB/XXXX/Tooheys. etc Most in this market think of homebrew as their mates beer that wqas brewed in the garden shed and tastes like plastic apples.

Jee i dunno, there's something about blasting the shit out of a big razorback that really brightens my whole day...

Jee i dunno, there's something about blasting the shit out of a big razorback that really brightens my whole day...

Hell yeah..

small fury introduced animals always look good behind a high powered rifle sight

as long as the high powered sight is on a suitable calibre rifle :lol:

You realise don't you that we are all helping some redneck just to the right of Genghis Khan push his political barrow - yep me to.
But we could all ignore this type of shite it certainly has nothing to do with "Home Brewing" it defiantly isn't why I read AHB.

I hope some mod will consign this thread to the bin where it belongs

MHB

I find this objectionable.

Therefore it shouldn't exist.

there are only 4 reasons that i can think of that an animal should be killed.
1. food
2. threat to safety
3. to protect crops
4. to put it out of misery if injured.

sport is not one of these reasons, big thumbs up to the breweries.

You realise don't you that we are all helping some redneck just to the right of Genghis Khan push his political barrow - yep me to.
But we could all ignore this type of shite it certainly has nothing to do with "Home Brewing" it defiantly isn't why I read AHB.

MHB

:lol: the do gooders of AHB!

MHB

I have to agree with this statement, this article is too shallow and fails to show the bigger picture :rolleyes:

hunting is a sport that can put food on the table and it conforms to the do-gooer creed, free range and organic. and for the things you cant eat like foxes and feral cats they cant predate on native wildlife after a dose of lead poisoning.

Back