Clean Your Bbqs!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamt

Too busy (lazy) to brew.
Reaction score
Copied from a chain e-mail, so it's not me, but funny anyway!

So im using my bbq this weekend... so i thought ill clean it up..

i have known there were bee's coming from under the cover so i thought i'd kill them, obviously...

so heres the bbq in question

image001.jpg

now i know these bombs aren't for bee's and that but i thought i'll suffocate/smoke them out. So here is the weapon of choice and delivery system.

image002.jpg
image003.jpg

I thought I was pretty smart hehehe designed to be easierly manovered under the cover of darkness...

so then i release the weapon of buzz destruction..

OMFG! the sound from under the cover was incredible!!! You could hear it 3m away easy...

Then I ran like the clappers....

coming back few mins later to see the death toll...

image004.jpg
image005.jpg

was at least 20mm deep mass grave

image006.jpg

I continued to remove the cover and to light the bbq to give it a clean when i noticed some fattly looking substance on the top of th side shelf thing....

Bit weird.. i clean it before i put it away for winter and no way was there fat there so i begun to wonder......

NO..... it can't be could it?

I slowly removed the rest of the cover only to find the HQ..

image007.jpg
image008.jpg
image009.jpg
image010.jpg
image011.jpg
image012.jpg

AND ON ANOTHER NOTE

we think the queen flew away.... either that or a small child has wings and has been living in the hive coz that thing was huge!

That guy's BBQ licence should be revoked. He obviously doesn't use it enough.

Yes saw that one a few days ago too...

My initial thought was free honey for a brew... then thought the flea bomb chemicals just ruined all that wild honey! :p

Yes saw that one a few days ago too...
My initial thought was free honey for a brew... then thought the flea bomb chemicals just ruined all that wild honey! :p

+1

I think it sucks ppl are soo afraid of bees, the 1st thing i'd do is call a bee club to see if they want to pick them up. Then keep the rewards for myself.

OR

start my own apiary! I want my sister to start one on her propery in Heathcote.... and reap the rewards for brewing purposes!

start my own apiary! I want my sister to start one on her propery in Heathcote.... and reap the rewards for brewing purposes!
Mate of mine has a few hives out that way too. And he homebrews and tells me he had an oversupply last 'season' B) . Plan is to learn the ropes with him.

Latest posts

Back